Here’s a lovely little chocolate cupcake recipe,
just in time for Valentine’s Day.
2 stick butter
1½ c. sugar
2/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 c. milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2½ c. all-purpose flour
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Line 12 regular-size (2 ½” diam) muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Beat butter, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl with mixer on low speed 1 minute or until well blended. Add eggs; beat 2 minutes or until fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla (batter may look curdled), then flour just until blended.
3. Spoon scant 1⁄4 cup batter into each muffin cup, filling each about 2⁄3 full.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in centers of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes before removing from pan to rack.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining batter. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting and decorating.
Each recipe makes 24 cupcakes. If you have two 12-cup muffin pans, you can bake them side by side on the middle rack of your oven if space permits.
For the ganache: Gently heat ¾ cup of heavy cream over medium heat, then pour over 8 ounces of finely chopped bittersweet chocolate. Let sit one minute; stir until melted and smooth. Evenly spoon ganache over each chocolate cupcake. Let set for 30 minutes.
For the lettering: Microwave 3 ounces of white chocolate at 50% in 20-second intervals until melted and smooth. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with 1.5 tip, then decorate as desired!
via Womans Day
via Womans Day