November 29, 2014

the house in my dreams



There's a house that lives in my dreams.  It is a very large house with elegant Victorian details, secret rooms that have been long forgotten and an abandoned, untouched aura about the rooms. 

It is located in my hometown, a hilltop in Italy or a misty parish somewhere in England, I’m not sure. The location is always different but the house is the same. 


 This would be my view



and the entry into my intimate courtyard

 that leads into a sunken colorful garden


fancy shutters are a must on the windows


a private courtyard for entertaining my friends


I can even feed my pet giraffe 
from my bedroom window


 now we may enter through the front door


 jewelry tiebacks accent my windows


and of course, there are plenty of hidden doors


that lead to my inner sanctuary 


a wardrobe built-in to the wall leads to different rooms
  

 of course there’s a chandelier in my favorite color


 a place to relax


 and another cozy nook for reading


 there’s always a grand staircase in my dreams


like the ones from Gone with the Wind


the staircase does not lead me to Rhett, 
but to long unexplored rooms


 like this one from Alex Raskin Antiques...


 and this one


and this one


or this one


 then I could just slide down
to another secret garden


Do you ever dream of 
visiting the same unknown place?


ciao! fabiana

3 comments:

Fiordelisa said...

Will you have blog readers as guests for Saturday morning cappuccino and biscotti? In one of the gardens? (Hint: I would like an invite. :-)

Unknown said...

This is a true dream home. I want in

Anonymous said...

It would very much be my pleasure to visit your home in fact it sounds very much like my own home. Ciao

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...