August 18, 2019

highlights of hilton head & savannah





We just got back yesterday from our trip to Hilton Head and Savannah, so I thought I’d share a few highlights with you today.

Hilton Head, South Carolina is like our home away from home, and we look forward to our visit every summer.

Between visiting with friends, going to the beach and doing a few DIY projects around the house, I also love to ride my bike around the neighborhood and check out the fabulous curb appeal.

These two homes are among my favorites! 




You know me, I’m always on the hunt for great thrift stores, and Hilton Head has several great ones. To help brighten up the front entry, I was lucky enough to find these vintage inspired travel posters at "The Litter Box"!

BTW, all proceeds at this thrift store go to the Humane Association of Hilton Head.  😻🐶




I just love them! The one on the left says Cannes, and the one on the right is Spain. Perfect pairing with the living room sofa.

I try not to work too hard on projects while I'm there. Last year I must have painted 5 different things, from the new coffee table to a couple of vintage mirrors. 

This year we found some nice blue and white bedding and accessories for one of the bedrooms and that was fun and easy!
                                 



The beach was absolutely magical this year! Can you spot the full moon above? This is during sunset, and this one is...




just a gorgeous sunrise.




We also explored the old Honey Horn plantation which is now known as the Coastal Discovery Museum. Spanish moss is draping from every tree here, and you really get a sense of southern living 100 years ago.

Actually, the history goes back about 300 years at this location, but this main building was built in 1859.




Besides all the wonderful wildlife displays, they also have several original artifacts from this home. These plates are so pretty!
                                 



And check out this farmhouse sink!




While we stay in Hilton Head, we always make time to visit Savannah to and the first stop on this trip was the fabulous Paris Market.
                                
I love to explore their lower level that features interesting tablescapes and vignettes.   








There’s something to admire at every turn while walking the streets of Savannah...




and we have a new favorite restaurant. 😏 Stay tuned for more…




We had so much fun trying new restaurants this year and also visiting some of our favorites like Lowcountry Produce in Sea Pines. They serve amazing breakfasts and lunches and have a yummy smoothie bar. A Chocolate Banana Almond Smoothie with a shot of espresso is my fave!  

And, while I’m here today, I wanted to share that I have some really cool projects lined up for the next month that you're bound to love! I can't say much besides that they're really fun tablescapes....


Vintage, beachy, unique and fun, all rolled into one! 

All the tables will include new online finds combined with vintage treasures. I even found some fun tableware in South Carolina last week, and with fall on the horizon, the tablescaping possibilities are endless!

Quite often, time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to online shopping for quick one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items you can find! Check out my favorite tableware here at Tablescaping Essentials.



ciao! fabiana



3 comments:

Bobbi jo said...

Been to Savanna and loved it. Can't wait to go back because since I've been there, so much has beed added like the market! Ate at the Pink House...very good. Walked the River Front, toured the squares, and did a walking ghost tour! Beautiful!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks for visiting today Bobbi Jo. You've got to go back to Savannah soon!💗

Kim said...

Such a great post! It reminded me how much we enjoy visiting that area. We LOVE Paris Market! Hope you are well! Best, Kim

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...