August 20, 2019

a different take on a fall table





It may be mid-August, but fall seems like it’ll be here before we know it! It’s officially one month away, but pumpkins are already popping up everywhere!

Stripes are all the rage for a beachy summer look, and I’m not ready to give them up just yet, so today I’m sharing a different take on fall dΓ©cor.




The only hint of fall you see at this table are the demure little white pumpkin plates. I built a whole black and white mood around them and brought in a little color with glassware.
                                 



I’ve got a few black and white transferware plates in my collection, so I brought them out to add a bit of charm to this table. I just love their elegant look and they’re so perfect for Halloween!
                                 



But we’re not quite there yet, remember, it’s only August! These black roses are bound to make another appearance for a spooky tablescape in October.

Today they're here to highlight the lovely new napkins and tablecloth I recently found. I'm always a sucker for ticking stripe and these napkins were too cute to resist!

They're embroidered with yum, delish, enjoy and eat.
How cute is that?




This table was in dire need of some color, so I took care of that with, you guessed it, colored glassware. The amber and green colors I chose were inspired by the end of summer sunflowers you'd see in a garden. 

These jewel toned glasses add the necessary amount of sparkle to this black and white setting. It's so fun to mix and match colors and patterns of these goblets!




I bought the striped tablecloth earlier this summer as an “extra” to have for my photo shoot with Cottages & Bungalows, and we didn’t use it.

It reminds me of a treasured, faded beach blanket at the end of the summer. The soft black stripes are perfect for the relaxed look I'm going for.

Anytime I have a project or table I’m working on, my first step is to gather, gather, gather. I pull piles of dishes and linens and pick from there. The glasses, utensils, flowers and candles come after that.




This isn’t the final table, just a peek at the process. Flowers and final changes are happening today, so I hope you’ll check back later this week.


ciao! fabiana

πŸ’•

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 

You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.


No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...