August 26, 2019

collections: august plate finds





Happy Monday! I can hardly believe it’s the last week in August already. We have one last week to enjoy the true feeling of summer!

Whatever the season may be, it doesn’t stop me from visiting my favorite thrift stores, both here locally and while I’m away.

In fact while I was in Savannah, I spent a few hours treasure hunting and found just a couple of adorable additions for my table.  


two plates from Savannah


A lovely salad plate and 8 little bread and butter plates were found at different shops, but somehow go together beautifully. They both feature hand-painted details and depictions of birds.

The smaller plate on top was found with a larger group of 8 plates and 4 matching cups and saucers. The blue transferware pattern is amazing, and so southern! It’s called “Plantation Colonial” by Mason’s.

What I really love about these kinds of transferware plates is that after the transfer pattern is applied, the plates are all hand-colored, in this case with pink, yellow and green.




It’s been a month of finding hand-painted transferware, because just last week I found these little Myott “Forget-Me-Not” plates. I kind of like the unexpected paring of them with the bolder blue chinoiserie plate underneath.


Myott “Forget-Me-Not” plates


And Forget-Me-Nots are one of my favorite old-fashioned flowers. Their color is so vibrant and blue that you can’t help but love them. They’re also rumored to be Princess Diana’s favorite flower. 💙


Forget-Me-Nots



You know mixing and matching plates is one of my favorite pastimes, and here's a bit of an unexpected look. 

Again I took the small “Plantation Colonial” plates I found in Savannah and set in on a French breakfast plate from Williams-Sonoma (see below).

To further enhance this look, I placed a Wellsbridge stoneware dinner plate in Aqua from Target (found while thrifting) and used it as base as a charger would be.




Blue and white is absolutely my favorite look to work with. I just love how all different tones of blue work together.

The artistry of hand-painted transferware is right up there on my top-five list of favorite plates.


Staffordshire fine bone china


Here are a few more bread & butter plates recently found. I’m loving this mini size more and more lately.

They’re just so perfect for stacking and mixing!


Hand-painted Johnson Bros "Harvest Time"



And it’s kind of funny that I’ve been finding so much of this hand-painted porcelain lately, but another common thread with these finds is that many of them feature birds.




I do love birds and guess what? I looked up their symbolism on My Dream Symbolism and here’s what it says:

Birds in dreams are usually good signs. They might be symbols of your goals, desires and hopes. They are also a sign of peace, freedom, harmony, balance, ideas, joy and love.

Birds can symbolize freedom of thinking, our hopes and fears. They can also symbolize some situations in our life.

Flying birds signify prosperity and abundance. They might be a symbol of your career. They also might symbolize your social life. 

For women, dreams about birds might indicate happy relationships or meeting their soul mates soon.


Interesting! 

ciao! fabiana



No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...