August 27, 2019

i found the most beautiful flowers...




All the flowers are prepped and ready to go for today’s photo shoot at Laura’s little cottage in old-town Orange. This collection is specifically for the table.

I have in mind a garland of eucalyptus with these pretty flowers strewn down the center of the table in a manner that reminds me of a flower crown. I hope I can pull it off! 




Trader Joe’s was my first stop yesterday, because what I had in mind were flowers similar to mums in size, shape and color. I brought along a photo of the dinner plate we’re using for reference.

We hit the jackpot! They had exactly what I was looking for, and I wound up getting three different  types of chrysanthemums and some absolutely lovely blush pink dahlias. For a bit different flower form, I also picked up some gorgeous peachy-pink stock.

All-in-all these flowers were super inexpensive! Those huge bouquets of mums were only four bucks, and although I'm not a huge fan of these colorful tufted flowers, these are so perfect for today! 


Dahlias

Stock

Chrysanthemums or 'mums'

Chrysanthemums


This reminds me of a few other times I’ve used mums for my tablescapes and décor…


Chrysanthemums, roses & eucalyptus for Serena & Lily


Tiny white mums with blue hydrangeas

Lime green mums for Easter


White and green mums with chamomile flowers.


And like I said, mums are not among my favorite flowers, but I do use them often for that "certain look" I’m after, and I have to say the little white ones are quite adorable!


ciao! fabiana


No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...