October 30, 2017

this year's halloween tablescape



Why do I love Halloween so much?

I think it’s because I have the happiest of memories from my childhood filled with creating costumes, carving jack o’lanterns and heading out on cold nights to trick-or-treat to our hearts content.

I still can’t resist all the fun of decorating for Halloween




It’s fun setting a themed table for my family… this year’s tablescape features my favorite black and white transferware plates. 

They both feature birds with a floral motif, so why not add a few black birds to the centerpiece?




Elegant with just a touch of spooky is always my m.o. so this vintage looking bird cage was the perfect focal point for the center of the table. 




I just pulled some of my favorite pieces out and reimagined them in a new light. You may remember some of these accessories like the black wine glasses from last year’s Halloween table.  




To add a touch more drama, I connected all the elements with twigs, green moss and spooky cheese cloth, also from Oriental Trading. I like the cheese cloth better than spider webbing because you get a neater overall appearance.




A little bit of orange was added with napkins and glass votives. Black and white all over is lovely, but this year I felt like the table needed a pop of color.




The little crow looks quite comfortable in his mossy nest. 




Transferware plates are my favorite table top accent and these black and white patterns offer the perfect juxtaposition with all the rustic and slightly eerie holiday décor. 




Candlelight is essential for Halloween and these cheery votives evoke thoughts of orange pumpkins and jack o’lanterns.




Another feathered friend stands guard over the stash of white and glittery gold pumpkins.




These glittered pumpkin votives will make a perfect transition into my Thanksgiving décor.




It’s just a casual setting for four, and now I have to work on my menu…




A little roast chicken would be perfect for the night and maybe some roasted butternut squash soup. 

My favorite recipe is from Michael Chiarello, and includes cinnamon, coriander, molasses, sage and balsamic vinegar. I’ve made it several times and it’s amazing!!  




Halloween dinner will be tonight because 
tomorrow is reserved for lots and candy and pizza! 



ciao! fabiana


Click on each item to see how it all came together:
Dinner Plates
Bread Plates:  vintage Wedgwood
All Pumpkins: Roger’s Gardens
Riviera Side Chairs:  Serena & Lily


💕

While I’m here today, I wanted to share some of my "Tablescaping Essentials" with you. I have a whole page on the Amazon website with my favorite picks for setting a beautiful table.

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 

You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.


2 comments:

Sally Cote' said...

I love it all and no ghosts or witches or deathly anything either, which are my least favorite parts of Halloween. Birds and spiders are great and who doesn't love pumpkins of any color, shape or size? The French bistro chairs are also a favorite of mine.

Claudia Fabiana said...

Ciao, Sally. I'm so excited to be heading into Thanksgiving now... That means more decor and yummy food!

Thanks so much for stopping by, Sally.

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...