October 22, 2016

my black and white halloween table




Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year, so why not go all out and throw an elegant dinner party for a few of my friends? Setting the table is so fun for me. It’s like playing dress-up! 

The first thing I wanted were a few foundation pieces for the table. I knew I wanted a black and white color scheme with no scary elements and no orange. 

Black and white stripes are so elegant, and I found a really nice long cotton Striped Runner, perfect! 


I also got a set of Spooky Bird SpindlesFeather Place Card Holders, and Black Patterned Wine Glasses to get me started with my table. 

I was inspired by nature for my table, so spooky birds, white pumpkins and a little greenery set the tone for this tablescape






My black and white transferware plates, raffia place mats, and black chalk-painted chargers look great together for each place setting. I used vintage silver and white damask napkins to add another elegant touch. 

The silver-toned feather place card holders have whimsical bat-shaped place cards. And the black wine glasses pull the whole look together! 





To change things up a little, I set the heads of the table with a fun little white pumpkin and the others get a pretty ivory and gold pumpkin-shaped dish, as an accent.





For the center of the table, I gathered some subtly colored white pumpkins on a glass cake stand, and added glass votives, greenery from my garden and a spooky owl and crow

  




I set up a little drink station on my sideboard with the Spooky Birds as the anchors of the space and to add a little drama. A black feather wreath I usually hang on the front door gets a new home here over the vintage mirror. 

   
 



It fits in nicely with the décor.  




 Close-up of the centerpiece, above.

When you start with a few foundation pieces,
this look is soooo easy to put together.

And it came together like this... 

Black and White transferware plates 
raffia place mats 
black charger plates
Black and White Striped Runner
ivory and gold pumpkin-shaped dish
Spooky Bird Spindles
Feather Place Card Holders
bat-shaped place cards
 Black Patterned Wine Glasses
“Bone Appetit” rectagular platter
black feather wreath
white pumpkins 
 glass cake stand
 glass votives
Spooky Birds 
 spooky owl and crow







ciao! fabiana




💕

While I’m here today, I wanted to share some of my "Tablescaping Essentials" with you. I have a whole page on the Amazon website with my favorite picks for setting a beautiful table.

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 

You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.













16 comments:

Linda said...

Very Spooky!!! I LOVE it!!!

jvillar said...

WOW,I really LOVE it!!! Beautiful and Elegant

Pamela said...

Proving that Halloween doesn't have to be tacky. :D I am a black and white addict. Love it.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Beautiful tablesetting and dining room.

Mimi said...

Just stunning! I love it. Mimi xxx

Snowinluxury said...

Ciao bellissima tavola di hallowenn! Ciao ciao from italy

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous tablesape

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks, Linda!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks so much! Happy Halloween!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks, Pamela! Happy Halloween!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks so much, Sugar! Happy Halloween!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thank you, Mimi! Happy Halloween!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Grazie mille! Buon Halloween!

ciao ciao!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks so much, Vanessa! Wishing you a Happy Halloween!

Angie Rose said...

Your table is gorgeous, love those pumpkin plates! Congratulations on being featured this week at Dishing It & Digging It! Thank you for linking up with us :)

K. Clark said...

Just found this post. Love it!. Could you tell where you got the cream pumpkin plates or who they are by? Thanks.

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...