December 27, 2018

farmhouse style features





Don’t you just love this week that's snuggled between Christmas and New Year’s? It’s sort of a much-needed recovery week after all the festivities. What do you have planned for the rest of the year?

We generally stay in town during this time, with maybe an overnight getaway to the mountains or somewhere in San Diego, like La Jolla or Coronado. Nothing planned yet, but we might rally and pull something together!

I do like to cook when it gets cold out like it is now. It is 53 degrees out at the moment, but there’s a really chilly northern wind blowing!

I love how turning on the oven and baking something yummy just warms up the whole house and creates a cozy aroma that makes you just want to cuddle up by the fire and hibernate!




The upcoming weekend is the perfect time to bake some fresh blueberry muffins. This recipe for Lemon Blueberry Muffins with Streusel Topping is one I created exclusively for Farmhouse Style Magazine and is set to appear on newsstands in the next few weeks.

I can’t giveaway the recipe just yet, but I can tell you the texture of these muffins reminds me of the most delicious pound cake. You see, they’re baked with sour cream and buttermilk to extract the most decadent flavor from the blueberries and lemon zest!  




The muffins are then topped with a crunchy streusel topping and baked. I combined four different recipes to create this one, because I envisioned a perfect combination of certain ingredients and of course this amazing crunch topping!

The issue comes out around January 15th. You can see a preview of it here...




Also in this issue of Farmhouse Style is a really unique idea for a pillow. My friend Brenda Kristine created this gorgeous patchwork pillow from remnants of beautiful vintage linens!




You can see all the details here on my favorite Serena & Lily Mattituck chair that sits in my family room.




 Isn’t the pillow just divine? Brenda’s so creative!  

When this issue comes out, you can read every detail 
of how she puts these amazing patchwork pillow together!




Here’s how it appears in the magazine among other fun patchwork DIY projects.

Look for the Spring issue of Country Sampler Farmhouse Style next month for an issue filled with lots more inspiration and decorating ideas! 




I’m so thankful that during the past year I’ve been able to collaborate with the most amazing magazines and editors in the design world. It’s really a dream come true!

I'm looking forward to 2019 and creating more yummy recipes, fun tablescapes and decorating ideas. 

Thanks so much to YOU for traveling this creative journey with me, and remember I LOVE to hear your input and what some of your favorite themes are!

What would you like to see more of in 2019?


xo xo   fabiana

For lots of fun extras, please follow me on instagram!







No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...