September 11, 2019

a pumpkin tablescape in blue




A pretty blue plaid throw naturally harmonizes with these soft gray pumpkin plates I just found at Home Goods. For this table, these two elements were the starting points for the fall look in soothing blues and tans.  

After that, I just added simple white dinner plates, ruffled burlap place mats, vintage blue glassware, and of course a few soft blue hydrangeas.




In addition to the blue and white hydrangeas from Trader Joe’s, I’ve added a sprig of eucalyptus to each place setting to soften the look. My neighbor Maureen lets me have full rein of her tree in the front yard so I get to snip a few branches from time to time!




I love to bring out a pretty plaid throw as the main fabric element for a table, especially now as we head in to fall. The plaid throws I have, are specifically stored in the closet with my tablecloths and runners and are  specifically used on my tables. 

Some of these plaid throws are found in the women’s section of department stores and sold as wraps, and I keep my eye out for any  sort of small plaid blanket all year long while out thrifting. 




These two sets of blue glasses were found and thrift stores and on ebay. I have the amber version of the taller ones, which I absolutely love for fall, especially on Thanksgiving.  




The blue plates above the windows have been there from at least twenty years, and I love how they're highlighted by this blue tablescape. 

This Serena & Lily light fixture is relatively new. It adds a fun, beachy look to the room, and it's one of the first things you see when you walk in the front door.

My French bistro chairs are also from Serena & Lily and are absolutely one of the best purchases I've ever made! They're so pretty and comfortable too!




Burlap accessories just play off the wood tones of the table and floor so well, and they also pick up the tan in the blanket too!  




For me, a tablescape is all about varying textures and making everyone feel welcomed! 




These burlap cutlery holders are so perfect for holding the silverware and napkins for each guest, and aren’t they cute? 




I just love fall so much!  




The soft colors just play off each other so well. 




Do you ever use blue to decorate for fall? 




I think my next fall table will feature green apples! 

🍏

Doesn’t that sound fun?  


ciao! fabiana 

P.S. Stop by later this week,
 and I'll show you how I styled this same table with French flair!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love blues and grey for fall. The table looks astonishin😍

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...