September 27, 2019

my simple fall mantel




Fall is finally making its way into the family room... what took me so long?! 

Just kidding! It's only the first week of autumn, and I've decided to spread the pumpkin love across the mantel with great grandmother Nellie watching over all the fun.  

Just a few pumpkins, mercury glass votives and the fresh cut eucalyptus is courtesy of my lovely neighbor Maureen's tree. It smells so good in here! 

I especially love this set of copper lanterns during the fall months, but I keep them out all year because of how nicely the colors go with the frame on the portrait.  




My favorite chair is all decked out with this adorable pumpkin pillow that I got last year at Home Goods. I splurged on this brass-trimmed Mattituck Chair from Serena & Lily several years ago, and it’s proven to be so versatile. I sometimes move it into the living room for extra seating. 

Also on the chair is my new super soft Palermo Throw and the iconic Serena & Lily Leighton Pillow. 




As you can see the larger pumpkins are off-set on top of layers and layers of fresh-cut eucalyptus branches. I then went in and added a variety of mini pumpkins and a few votive candles for interest in the evening.  




This is a pretty easy look to put together, and I love the soft colors of the pumpkins and foliage together. The secret is to have the leaves drape over the edge a little bit.  




All of these pumpkins were found at Trader Joe’s for a reasonable price. I think the larger ones are called Cinderella pumpkins. Isn’t that cute?    




I’ve always loved owls and this little guy found a new home this week on the mantel.  




To the left of the fireplace are a few shelves that I change out pretty often. This week I have a few of my favorite flea market paintings displayed with some round baskets. 

The painting at the top is my favorite find of the summer. It's a landscape and a seascape of the bay of Naples with Mount Vesuvius in the distance.




You can spot a different painting of flowers here behind the chair. 

Yes, I'm always changing things around...

How about you?


ciaofabiana 





*Some affiliate links have been included for your convenience.  

No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...