October 10, 2020

this year's fall mantel



Sometimes I need a little push to get myself started on a new design task. This week, the little push was this gorgeous bundle of eucalyptus branches. It’s perfect for softening up the mantel and for creating a runner for my latest fall tablescape. 



So here it is... a beautiful bucket full of eucalyptus branches foraged from my neighbor's yard, ready to spruce up the house. Do you ever go out and find pretty branches to decorate with? 
 
Don't worry, my neighbor Maureen has given me her blessing to trim her tree a little here and there 😉 




The mantel update was pretty easy. To start, I cleared everything off except the two white ironstone pitchers. I pulled out these pretty lanterns that I got at Serena & Lily a few years back, and set them on each end of the mantel. 

 

I then centered one medium white pumpkin with two softly colored Cinderella-style pumpkins on each side of it. The vintage ceramic collie adds a touch of whimsy and has just the right colors for this look.  

 

I then added a trio of my favorite old advertising crocks. They’re small, but add interest. 

 

The final touches were a strand of large wooden gray beads I got at Urban Gardner, and of course, a few small branches of eucalyptus tucked in here and there.       

 

 



Aren’t these beads pretty? I might have to get another set! 




The collie is actually a cachepot, and I found it this summer while helping my neighbor Gary clean up his yard. This little guy was just laying in a box of junk in the backyard, and Gary let me have it. 


He's such a cutie! Well, the collie, not Gary. 😏        

 




I’m sure you’ve seen little advertising pots like this. They’re fun on their own, in a collection, or with a few little flowers in them. 

 




To the left of the mantel, I have a seascape I found at an estate sale last year. I must say that I just love how the colors of this painting compliment the colors of the portrait of great grandmother Nelle. And the frames look great together too! 

 

Above the seascape, I’ve got a few flat baskets adorning the top part of the high wall. The one on the right is from Ikea from several years back, and the other three are vintage. 

 

To the right of the mantel is our tv, and another collection of 8 similar baskets. 

  




Aren't the colors and details of this painting pretty?
   



As day moves into night, the candles get lit and create a cozy and beautiful mood.      

 




The bucket of eucalyptus sits on the table, waiting for me to set the table this weekend. The late afternoon sun is just so pretty in this room. 

 




When it comes to seasonal décor, I just love to keep it simple. 


How about you?  




ciao! fabiana 



 

For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 

 

If you'd like new posts delivered to you directly, subscribe here. 

 

 


 







 

No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...