December 21, 2019

oh, Christmas tree





Happy Saturday, everyone. The holiday season is really gearing up now! Christmas is a hop, skip and a jump away, and I’ve got quite a list of things to do today... how about you? 

So before my day gets started, I’m popping in to sharing a few better pics of my little Christmas tree in the front entry. It’s certainly not a glamorous tree. It’s not symmetrical or perfectly done up, but that’s the way I wanted it, simple. 




It's just like the wreaths on our front doors, simple. We have double doors, so I always like to get a pair of matching wreaths. These lush evergreen wreaths are from our local Armstrong’s Garden Center. I then added a trio of  antique-looking bells on each wreath. 

I love the way they softly clang upon our arrival and departure. I originally saw similar bells at McGee & Co., but they sold out immediately. I knew the look I was after for this year’s doors, so luckily Amazon had just about the same exact ones!   




The little foyer tree is from Urban Gardner, and I set it in one of my vintage French champagne buckets. Each ornament on the tree is meaningful. Some are old favorites that we acquired from our parents, grandparents, and friends, and some were found at thrift shops or estate sales. I really love the ones that say "Merry Christmas".

The branches of this tiny tree are just right for holding each precious glass ornament, and a few extras are on hand for a last minute addition to the tree. I found this quaint old bowl through Heather Bullard's Trouvé shop. 




The patina on some of these ornaments is so endearing. 




This one’s not that old, but he’s kinda cute. 




Last night we went to our second holiday party of the season at our friend Jennifer’s loft in Costa Mesa, and I was so inspired! She’s got the most amazing style and displays her Christmas collections so creatively in her home. I’m thinking, we’ve got to share her home her on the blog.... working on it!




After a night out, it was so nice to be greeted at the door by this sweet little tree, and our three silly dogs. I'm off to get started on a few things now, and will hopefully check everything off my list today!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I'll share a few Christmas tables I set with red and white transferware and lots of fun holiday pieces and accessories. 

💖


ciao! fabiana


For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 



No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...