August 21, 2020

a farmhouse table in red, white and blue




On Tuesday I shared with you my red, white and blue tablescape that drew its inspiration from a toile table runner I made. Well, today I’m back with another red, white and blue table that's a little less formal and features lots of farmhouse stripes. 

I simply switched out a few things, but kept the flowers, napkins and white charger plates the same. To change things up a bit, I used deeper, taller bowls to add more dimension to the table. The same red salvia flowers were placed in a different vintage blue and white pitcher.      




This striped table runner is also a DIY project. It's made from a really heavy-duty upholstery weight fabric that was given to me by a friend a few months ago.  

The weave of this material is similar to burlap, so I simply just cut it to the desired size and slightly fringed the edges by just pulling away a few rows of threads equally on all sides. 

Here’s how the layering progressed... I started with my favorite Serena & Lily Round Raffia place mats, added the same white chargers and red striped napkins, then a salad plate and finally the tall bowls to top off the look. 

For fun I added some of my favorite vintage blue goblets and my trusty bamboo flatware. I love how the colors and patterns all work together here.    




These are the cutest bowls! I found a set of four of these at Home Goods a couple of years ago and used them on this summer table that was highlighted in Country Sampler Farmhouse Style magazine. 




At the center of the table, we have a small wood cutting board placed to add division, texture and height. Along with the beautiful transferware pitcher I found at Goodwill, I add a trio of my favorite little advertising crocks for fun.    




I just love these kinds of crocks, and after finding a few at flea markets, they have officially become something I “collect”! They’re just so darn cute, for some reason. The one I really like are American, British and French.     




They do fit in with this farmhouse, casual look that also has a coastal vibe going on. It’s the stripes that make it feel beachy.  




Back to this set of fun bowls. Not only are they cute on the outside, but inside they have a nice little surprise. Each of the four bowls has a different farm animal depicted on them, all done up within a floral wreath. In addition to the cow, there’s a goose... 




a horse... 




and a pig!




Underneath each bowl, you can see another fun and quirky addition. These blue and white salad plates each have unique sayings on them like “Be Happy”, “You are my Sunshine”, “It’s a Beautiful Day” and “Follow your Dreams”.  

The borders on these salad plates are each slightly different but it feels cohesive because they’re all designed with the same navy-blue color as the bowls. 




I also love this cute set of white cabbageware salt and pepper shakers. I acquired them with the matching coffee mugs, dinner and salad plates last month when my neighbor moved away and sold them to me.  

The great news is, I have an extra set for sale here on ebay. 




All in all, I’m happy with the way this table runner turned out, which then inspired me to set this striking patriotic table. Red, white and blue décor really works all year ‘round, but I especially love it during the summer months, don’t you?  




ciao! fabiana 

For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 

If you'd like new posts delivered to you directly, subscribe here. 



No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...