August 16, 2020

the coziness of fall




My favorite season of all is just around the corner, and I have a few fun fall-inspired things to share with you all today. 

First up are two yummy butternut squash recipes I created exclusively for Country Sampler Farmhouse Style magazine. This magazine always features great farmhouse décor, and they also include several endearing and well-written articles about farmhouse living and fabulous flea markets to visit around the country. 

But what I love about Country Sampler Farmhouse Style is that they always include great recipes at the end of every issue, and I'm so happy they've included two of mine!

I actually received this Autumn issue about a month ago, and it's got so much fabulous fall décor in it, I’ve already read it and re-read it several times because it’s that good!

So today I wanted to give you a close-up view of my “Scrumptious Squash” recipes. The first is a Butternut Squash Apple Cranberry Bake. It’s really so simple to put together and feeds a good number of people. It’s healthy, fresh, and easy to fix and  just toss in the oven to cook.  

Imagine the lovely aroma of baking squash, apples, rosemary, sage and thyme filling your kitchen during the colder autumn months... it’s unbelievable! 




I also cooked up some Butternut Squash Pancakes. We’ve all had pumpkin pancakes, right? Well, this recipe is actually more delicate in flavor than your typical pumpkin pancakes. And topped with crunchy, salty pistachios, it’s definitely worth a try!   




I can’t share these recipes with you just yet, but you can find them in the Autumn 2020 issue of Country Sampler Farmhouse Style.   




Next up is one of my best-loved photo shoots of all times. It’s the one we did at my good friend Laura’s cozy cottage in OrangeAbove you can see the before picture which is darling. We then had so much fun styling it in a summer camp meets fall kind of way.   

Here are some of my favorite tips to take away from this fun vignette Laura and I set up. 




As summer turns to fall, deep earthy colors are perfect for setting the right seasonal tone. Adding a few cozy plaid blankets in deep colors to a comfortable group of Adirondack chairs makes this backyard space more inviting.  

Fall is one of the coziest seasons of all, so when bringing the party outdoors during the autumn months, make sure to have plenty of comfortable seating. Make your guests feel welcomed with a signature cocktail and a few yummy appetizers to nosh on when they arrive.  

Decorating with pretty flannel throws does double duty when there’s an unexpected chill in the air. Nostalgic games like croquet keep the party lively and fun. 
  



Arranging chairs around the fire pit makes for great conversation and gives everyone a prime spot for toasting marshmallows.  
  
Gather seating around one central spot, but have additional seating available, if needed. It’s definitely ok to bring your indoor chairs out into the backyard.  

Throw pillows and flannel blankets instantly add a layer of comfort. If you don’t have a firepit, you can get the same vibe from a low coffee table set as the center point of the seating area.  

Just add a variety of different votives and candles and everyone will be just as pleased with the romantic glow given off by the group of candles.  

For some reason, I haven’t received the fall issue of Cottages & Bungalows yet which features the cozy firepit photos. Not sure what the delay is, since I usually receive it well-ahead of the publication date, so I’m yet to physically see this fun article.  

I'm always eager to check out my styling and writing projects in print, so I did find a copy on Ebay that someone quickly read and then listed, so I had to buy it! It should arrive early next week, so I'll report back to you with all the latest.  




ciao! fabiana

For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 

If you'd like new posts delivered to you directly, subscribe here. 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the memories! That was such a fun day and you did a beautiful job staging! xoxo, Laura

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...