November 13, 2018

thanksgiving prep: turkey plates




With less than ten days until the big day, the countdown for Thanksgiving really begins today. While I tend to set several Thanksgiving inspired tables during the month of November, I always hone in on my favorite aspects of each table and use those favorite elements for the final reveal on Thanksgiving day.

Turkey plates are one of my favorite ways to add that special vintage Thanksgiving look to a table, and I collect them all year long. If I spot them for a dollar each at flea market in March, I’m sure to jump at the chance of adding to my collection.

Starting in September or October, Home Goods carries pretty ones for only about $4-5 each. I tend to collect the salad plates which always look pretty layered on a solid white or cream colored dinner plate.    

Here are a few of my favorites…


Turkey Plate by Royal Stafford

Turkey Plate by Maxcera

Turkey Plate by The Victorian English Pottery

Turkey Plate by 222 Fifth

His Majesty by Johnson Bros.


I don’t stop at just collecting turkey plates for Thanksgiving. Brown and white transferware is also pretty this time of year, and layers wonderfully with the little turkeys. I especially love the transferware patterns with hand-colored fruit designs.

And I go gaga for anything Wedgwood.


Drury Lane by Wedgwood

Harvest Time by Johnson Bros.

Beatrice by Wedgwood

Royal Staffordshire Windsong Ironstone by J. & G. Meakin


These brown and white English plates with the swirly floral design was found recently at the Long Beach Flea Market, and yes, these were only a dollar each as well.

You can see I’m playing around with a new Thanksgiving tablescape using those Royal Staffordshire plates and a pretty little thing I picked up in Geneva

an April Cornell table square that looks beautiful when place diagonally across the table, and look at how perfectly these two patterns compliment each other!




I actually found this cute tablecloth at The Little Traveler, and I love that it has adorable brown tassels on each corner. The amber glassware will add just the right touch of sparkle to this look.



ciao! fabiana


for lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram!




No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...