November 20, 2017

it's thanksgiving week!


Thanksgiving dinner planning and prep
is in full force around here!

The cranberry sauce is the first thing I can check off the list. It’s one of the easiest things to make, so I do that first. A full bag of fresh cranberries goes into the pot with a little sugar, fresh orange juice and zest, freshly grated ginger and water. After it thickens on the stove for a while, I pass it through a food mill, to get it nice and silky smooth, and that’s it! I then put it in a pretty bowl and pop it in the fridge 'til Thursday. 


Tonight I’ll roast my two sugar pumpkins so I’ll be ready to make pies tomorrow. I’m buying one other pie, and making a few pumpkin ones. The kids will get to pick out their favorite pie from Marie Callender’s


As much as I love these cute turkey plates, this year I have the table is set with simple ivory Wedgwood china that I just love. (You’ll get to see the final table soon!) How does your family set the table? Is it formal, or buffet style? 


Here’s a handy table setting chart for reference.

I do like to interpret my own setting
but like to use this as a guideline.


Do you remember last year’s table
where I used these pretty pheasant feathers?


This year, I’ll be using these cute twig wreaths instead.

They add just the right rustic quality that
contrasts the fancy Wedgwood perfectly!


Here’s my Thanksgiving table from two years ago.

A vase of fresh fall leaves always adds so much fall charm!


I have a vase of them in my kitchen nook right now.

There's a nice neighbor who doesn’t mind
me clipping a few small branches every so often. J


A couple of the gorgeous heirloom pumpkins did get carved for Halloween, but the remaining ones will make their way into the dining room for a little extra autumn ambiance. 


Here’s a fun idea someone had! This won’t work this time around, since we’ll be having a fire going on Thanksgiving. I do love that tile surrounding this fire place, though.


Here’s a simple place setting from Joanna Gaines. I really like the look of the eucalyptus branches that’s so popular right now. It adds a fresh, modern look to the table.


And Thanksgiving leftovers will get new side to go with those faithful turkey sandwiches… These stuffing waffles look amazing! All you do is cook leftover stuffing in your waffle iron ‘til it’s crispy and top with hot mashed potatoes and gravy. How can that be bad?!  

And yes, we're all anxiously waiting for that moment the turkey comes out of the oven... Oh, the aroma!




ciao! fabiana





other photos:
1. Southern Living
9. tumblr, unknown source
10. Magnolia Home
11. Kroeger 
12. Traditional Home






2 comments:

Sally Cote' said...

So many beautiful images to enjoy! A really lovely post today. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks so much Sally.

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...