August 13, 2018

monday morning and a fall preview




Happy Monday! 

Returning home after being away for two weeks has given me a new perspective on my home, so this morning I decided to rearrange a few things. It’s pretty typical for me anyways to be reshuffling things around the house, and today, I tackled my family room mantel.

This portrait of my husband's great grandmother is one of our most treasured possessions. Today I decided to put her up front and center above our family room mantel surrounded by some other little vintage goodies I've found recently at a few flea markets and estate sales. The beachy white lantern is from Home Goods.

I know it's still summer, but we're already starting to see fall decor magazines rearing their pretty little covers all over the supermarkets and book stores. In addition to magazines, websites are also starting to feature autumn décor.  




My alfresco Thanksgiving tablescape is currently being featured online at Romantic Homes. It was such a fun table to set and best of all, it would be easy it is to recreate this look indoors or out! You can read all about how I put this table together at RomanticHomes.com



I’m also thrilled to share that a couple of my photos are appearing in the latest issue of Country Sampler Autumn Decorating.

You may remember the centerpiece from my table last year that featured a wooden crate filled with white pumpkins, soft green moss and dusty miller plants. 




You can spot these little white gems on a couple of pages in this fall issue. I’m truly honored to be included in this amazing magazine that’s filled with tons of pretty autumn décor ideas!




Also included is my recipe for instantly aging this wooden planter to a soft grey tone. No nasty chemicals used here!




Country Sampler also included my “Be Thankful” tablescape from last Thanksgiving. I nearly fell over when I saw that it was featured on a full page! 




Country Sampler Autumn Decorating will be on newsstands starting on August 21. You’ll love the fall home tours, fun pumpkin ideas and cozy ideas for back to school.  




This place setting idea is a snap to put together, and if you’re interested in recreating this Thanksgiving tablescape for your own home, the same Be Thankful charms and mini grapevine wreaths that I used are available on Amazon. Please see the links below. 


 ciao! fabiana












4 comments:

Lisa Henderson said...

Congratulations on having your design in these magazines! They are gorgeous photos!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks so much, Lisa!

Angie at Postcards from the Ridge said...

Congratulations on the feature. That's great!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Hi Angie.

Thanks so much! I appreciate you stopping by the blog...

ciao!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...