October 12, 2019

a festive October table





This festive October table has been in the works for about a week or so in my dining room. It was temporarily put on hold with all the excitement of our fall tea party at Pelican Courtyard, where I had to bring a carload of tableware to style. 

I actually used these same white porcelain chargers for this table that I used over at the tea party set-up. In fact, I had an amazing day of thrifting with my good friend Laura yesterday, and I found eight more of these charger plates, and they were marked half-off at only six bucks! 

Laura and I found a bounty of goodies, some of which I’ll share with you very soon. She spotted an amazing black and white hand-embroidered table runner for me that will be so perfect on my Halloween table at the end of the month! 

Paired with black and white transferware, I think it’ll make for an elegantly spooky table! In fact, I did pick up two more black and white transferware plates yesterday that have a slightly haunted motif on them. I can’t wait to show you! 

So now back to this table...         




I used a beachy blue and white throw to pick up the colors of all the Serena & Lily pillows in that room and the blue plates on the wall. I’m using the large chargers as dinner plates because they’re not that huge, and they hold a nice amount of food. 

The blue and white salad plates have a muted tone to them and look great with the tablecloth. I’ll try to get a better photo today, but I shot these in the early evening yesterday, and the sunlight was fleeting. 

The inspiration for this table was the contrast of these mini orange pumpkins with the blue. I don’t use a lot of orange during the fall anymore, but these little guys are so cheery!

Geometric patterned napkins in orange play off nicely with the pumpkins and add a much needed boost of color. The soup tureen will soon be filled with a delicious soup that I plan on making today. I'm not sure if it'll be butternut squash soup or maybe a creamy potato and broccoli soup. I'm up for trying something new.
   



By the way, that curly cue wicker chair at the end of the table was a recent estate sale find. It’s so darling and sort of like a tiny peacock chair!

I think just about everything on the table is vintage, except for the Serena & Lily placemats and the wreath from Home Goods. 

So, this is our table for the weekend, and we'll see if I can extend it into next week, but you know me... I'm always ready to work on a new tablescape! 😏



ciao! fabiana 

  


For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 


No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...