August 13, 2017

a little bit country


I don’t consider myself a country girl,
but I do love a few rustic elements
thrown into my home to add
a lived-in and homey vibe.

How special is that dutch door?
It sets the tone for the whole house.


In this dining space,
it’s all about the rustic quality of the farm table,
the floors, the hutch. It’s all stripped down and bare,
but there's an elegance to all this.

No rug. No Fabrics.
Just the beauty of the wood coming through.


Country décor can be elevated
to something spectacular.

A home in the country,
designed with the mindset of
a sophisticated city dweller.


The yin and yang of décor…


Country pieces mixed with
high-style classic elements.


Opposite design elements that somehow
complement each other is what I’m talking about.

Like the old saying from Donny and Marie:
"A little bit country


Do you have any favorite country pieces in your home?


I know I do! 
Actually, I have several.

We have a few lovely family heirooms, 
and I guess the one that stands out the most is 
the fabulous antique round pine table.

It's got a nice thick pine top with a lovely patina,
and cute and simple slipper feet. 

It's so wonderful during the holdays
because we add the three large leaves
and the whole family fits at one table!


Happy Sunday...


 ciao! fabiana



photo credit:

Country Living
French Country Cottage
Good Housekeeping

No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...