August 5, 2017

color inspiration: delft blue



Does the color blue make you happy or sad? In the English language, blue often represents the human emotion of sadness. Think of the musical genre of the blues that’s filled with melancholy and soul searching. Well for me blue represents happy times, summer skies and the serene movement of the ocean.


Delft blue is definitely a happy blue. This lovely family of colors ranges from soft cobalt to rich ultramarine. In décor, delft blue is fresh, vibrant and cheerful! Use it on your front door to project a youthful and fun vibe to everyone who visits. 


Inside the home delft blue can help create a coastal vibe. Use a little or a lot. Fabrics and pillows are a great way to introduce a little delft into a room.
  

And it looks particularly amazing set against bright white. How can a house not look bright and airy with this color combination?


Remember to keep things uncluttered. Only display things that you truly love and put away everything else.


Need a little drama? 

Go tone-on-tone with this lovely hue.  


A kitchen can instantly be updated with a few blue accessories in the right shade of blue.


Look at how easy this is to achieve.

Take away the bar stools and the casserole dish 
and what do you have?

A basic neutral kitchen.


A table set with lovely shades of delft blue always catches my attention! Blue china and napkins contrast nicely with burlap and gold cutlery.


And don’t forget about your outdoor rooms. Treat you porch, patio, balcony, and deck with the same attention to detail as the rest of your home. I love the pretty view of my backyard from the kitchen and family room, so I always try to “make it nice!"  


ciao! fabiana





photo credit:

1 BH&G, 2 Good Housekeeping, 3 House Beautiful, 4, 5 Skout
6 Tumblr, 7 Pinterest, 8 HGTV Magazine, 9 Grey Likes Weddings

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems like I have always surrounded myself with different shades of blue--from navy to turquoise. Even as a teenager that was the main color I always gravitated to. Now I love accompanying blue with crisp whites and soft grays. These color combos always tend to bring me a sense of peace and calmness. I find them to be relaxing as well as refreshing.
~~Carol in SD

Claudia Fabiana said...

Wow, Carol, your home sounds beautiful! I love that you know what you love and you stick with it... it pays off in the end, doesn't it?

Have a lovely Sunday!

xo

Rosemary said...

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures. I love your house. The decoration and combination every color in your every room so beautiful. Personally, blue white is my favorites as it creates an elegant interior décor style. I decorated my house with delftware, thereby I getting to see them every day. I recommend you aronson.com/object-categories/platesdishes to find best delftware collections.

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...