June 4, 2017

a house by the water



There’s nothing quite like
a house by the sea.

Living near the ocean is a luxury for most,
especially here in southern California,
but visiting the coast is only 
a short ride away for me.

The air there is different.
The sounds around you are muffled
by the roar of the sea
and the moody coastal winds.

The beach kind of encloses you inside a bubble.

The rest of the world seems like a far off thought.

I know I love going
to the beach to feel recharged.

Whether it’s a day at the beach
with the family,
or a quiet solitary walk,
the sound, air and water is
scientifically proven to be
a mood booster.

If you don’t live by the sea,
visiting a lake, river or waterfall
can have similar benefits.

Just being in touch with mother nature
grounds me gives me a
whole new outlook on the day!


“The cure for anything is salt water:
sweat, tears or the sea.”

--Isak Dinesen


“Every time I stand before a beautiful beach,
its waves seem to whisper to me:
If you choose the simple things and find joy
in nature's simple treasures, 
life and living need not be so hard.  

--Psyche Roxas-Mendoza


“Look at that sea, girls--all silver and shadow
and vision of things not seen.
We couldn't enjoy its loveliness any more
if we had millions of dollars and ropes of diamonds.”

 ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


“My soul is full of longing for the secret of the sea,
and the heart of the great ocean
sends a thrilling pulse through me.”  

― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


“The heart of man is very much like the sea,
it has its storms, it has its tides
and in its depths it has its pearls too”   

― Vincent van Gogh


“To judge a man by his weakest link or deed
is like judging the power of the ocean by one wave.”

― Elvis Presley


“One learns first of all in beach living
the art of shedding;
how little one can get along with,
not how much.

--Anne Morrow Lindbergh


Locally, I love walking in 
and visiting Coronado Island.

Of course, Hilton Head is dear to my heart.
We've been visiting that glorious island 
since we got married,
and it's always a nice change of pace 
from our own fabulous beaches on the pacific.

As a young girl, 
I spent a few summers in 
Cape Cod, which was my first 
real experience at the beach.

Such fun times! 

What's your favorite beach! 

ciao,  fabiana


💕

While I’m here today, I wanted to share some of my "Tablescaping Essentials" with you. I have a whole page on the Amazon website with my favorite picks for setting a beautiful table.

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 



You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.




For more coastal cottage inspiration,
check out this brand new book:








4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for such a lovely post. The poems and quotes were perfect.

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks so much, Lisa! I hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Anonymous said...

La Jolla Cove and the beach at Carmel. Laguna has always tugged at my heart strings as well. ~~Carol in SD

Claudia Fabiana said...

Hi, Carol. Thanks for sharing!

I love La Jolla Cove too! It's so pretty there!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...