February 1, 2020

in the mood for sweets, hearts & flowers




January just seems to have whizzed by in a flash, so “Happy February!” I’ve been MIA from the blog and instagram lately, but there’s lots happening behind the scenes.  

We’ve had some “projects” going on here at home, and there’s finally a light at the end of the tunnel. We’ve made a few changes in our living room to provide better flow and prettier views out to the garden. I can’t wait to share this room with you soon! It's still a major work in progress.




My she shed is also getting a mini makeover. The old roof came off, and we went with a more budget friendly option of a metal roof. It’s looks so cool, and my right-hand handyman George made it happen. Pictures coming in a few weeks...   

In the meantime, I’m here to share a few pretty Valentine’s Day vignettes from Ciao’s archive. I have been thrifting a bit and have an interesting secondhand table in the works for February 14th...  




My tableware storage closets have been overflowing over the past few months, so each day this week, I’ve been adding a few wonderful things to the Blog Shop. It’s bittersweet parting with some of my favorite plates and glassware, but I know they’ll find just the right home. 

I also have a few blue and white farmhouse style treasures listed this week.




I’ve acquired so much transferware over the years, that I’ll be going through it today and sharing some favorites with you on the Blog Shop. Some of these pieces have even been featured in magazines, which makes letting go of them a little bit harder.   




What are you all collecting these days? 

As the month of February arrives, I just love getting out my red transferware dishes. Just about anything you pair with them looks pretty, especially pink and red flowers and cute heart-shaped desserts! 




I made these fun Conversation Heart Shortbread Cookies a couple of years ago and plan on making them again next week. Any kind of shortbread cookie is a family favorite! 






And of course, I LOVE chocolate, especially dark chocolate.

How about you...  

What are your favorite Valentine’s Day treats? 



ciao! fabiana

If you'd like new posts delivered to you directly, subscribe here. 


Shop my vintage treasures HERE.


No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...