February 7, 2020

a secondhand table for valentine's day


a tour of thrifted tablescapes     





Today’s the day of our fun Valentine’s Day table blog hop! Thanks so much for stopping by. I’m so excited to share my “Secondhand Table” with all of you. 

Best of all, I have four friends who have also styled lovely tables by using only thrifted and heirloom items. 
  



If you're already coming from Cherry Street Blossoms, you’ve already begun our Secondhand Blog Hop, so “Welcome” to Ciao Newport Beach!
  



The inspiration for my table, besides being budget-friendly was that I wanted to go with lots of fun red and pink accents.  




The starting point for setting this this table where these pretty pink Majolica plates by Bordallo Pinheiro. I found a set of these last week at one of my favorite thrift stores, and they’re the perfect shade of pink for Valentine’s Day! 




They also have a pretty embossed hydrangea design on them that I just love! I have a few extras for sale right now on my online vintage flea market collection on ebay. I just don’t have enough storage for a whole set of 12 of these, so I’m parting with a few. 




No vase needed here. The informal garland at the center of the table is started with a foundation of eucalyptus sprays. Just before dining, cut the blooms off your selected flowers and scatter over the leaves. The look you get is reminiscent of a flower crown. 

I love the pop of red of these beaded napkin rings. I’ve been a bit obsessed lately with finding simple but interesting napkin rings. These could cross over to a coastal inspired table too! 




Certain elements bring a table to life and at this table pretty plates, colorful napkin rings and vintage glassware add a pop of traditional Valentine’s Day colors. 




Adding little votives to the center of the table adds that necessary element of candlelight that just brings the table to life, and a little swag of ribbon makes everyone feel special! 


The next stop on our blog hop is 💘Annie from Most Lovely Things.💘 

I just know that she’s set a gorgeous table! Tell her "Hello" from me... 

Look for this graphic this weekend 

as well as the hashtag #thesecondhandtable on instagram. 😀 




ou can check out the other four secondhand tablescapes here:  






ciao! fabiana 


For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 

If you'd like new posts delivered to you directly, subscribe here. 



Info on table accessories:

Pink Plates: Ebay 

Pink Glassware: similar found here

Red Glassware: Ebay 

Napkins: similar found here

Red Napkin Rings: Ebay

Flatware: vintage

Placemats: vintage

Stoneware heart bowls: Similar found here 

Valentine's Day ribbon: similar found here

Flowers: Trader Joe's








8 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabiana, your table is so pretty!!!! I LOVE the pink embossed plates and your idea for the centerpiece.

Unknown said...

I love the beautiful color palette! So pretty!

Mimi said...

So pretty!

xoxo Lisa said...

So so pretty! And I love the fact that they were created using vintage items!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks so much!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thank you! Have a lovely weekend.

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks so much, Mimi!

Kelsey Beaty said...

So pretty! Wondering for the floral centerpiece did you stick the flowers into something so they stayed put? Thanks

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...