January 19, 2020

looking forward to february





One of the most cheerful days of winter is coming up on February 14, and even if you don’t celebrate Valentine’s day, it’s a good excuse to liven up your life with fresh flowers or a yummy treat to chase those winter blues away. 

This little vignette you see above was styled way back in September during our Cottages & Bungalows magazine shoot at the Blue Door Cottage. You see, I was looking for a broom to brush away some dust, and I happened to find this fun heart pillow in the closet under the stairs. 

I couldn’t contain my excitement and luckily Kelly felt the same way, and we knew we had to style something pretty to feature this newly found pillow.  

I’m so happy Kelly and I actually get excited over the same things, and while Brett and Jickie were busy photographing the kitchen, Kelly and I gathered the potted geraniums we were using in the front yard and the red tulips featured in another shot to quickly set this Valentine’s Day inspired scene.   
  



This little table still makes my heart sing! It came together quickly and perfectly captures the mood of an informal Galentine’s Day brunch. Forget the guys, this is a celebration of  good friends enjoying the season and all the pink goodness that comes with it.
  



You can see more of this table 

HERE at Cottages & Bungalows 

or HERE on my blog. 
  



Hot off the press is the latest issue of Country Sampler Farmhouse Style where I have a few fun things featured like my special recipe for homemade Rhubarb Scones. This is the original photo I submitted (above) and you can read all about how to make these yummy treats on page 111. 
  


Also in the Spring issue of Country Sampler Farmhouse Style, is this heart pillow made by sewing a collection of vintage buttons on a simple pillow. With the help of my friend Brenda, we had a fun time working on this project. You can see it on page 106 with several other easy ideas on how to embellish a simple pillow. 
  



For an easy way to put a "healthier" spin on your basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, check out my festive cookie recipe HERE that includes the addition of walnuts and dried cherries.   
  



The tartness of the cherries mixed with the sweetness of the chocolate is a classic combination, so adding a few walnuts really ups the ante of these yummy treats!  Take a gamble making these. I really think you'll like them. 💗




ciao! fabiana 


For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 

If you'd like new posts delivered to you directly, subscribe here. 




  

No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...