January 2, 2020

staycation fun in Laguna Beach




A few days before Christmas, I spotted an interesting estate sale in Laguna Beach, so I decided to make a day of it! My hubby and I stopped in at the sale first, and then we went on to explore a little bit of Laguna Beach 




This glorious Tudor house, perched on the cliffs in Laguna Beach, once belonged to silver screen legend Bette Davis. I love to visit every so often. You see there are steps right next to this house that lead you down to a secluded cove where the rugged waves are crashing far below the homes that overlook this vista. 




Here I am looking up at Bette’s former home. The views from the house must be absolutely breathtaking! Here we are on a dreary December day, and the sight and sound of the ocean are truly magical.  




Here’s proof that Ms. Davis lived here. I love that they included her name on the historical marker! 




Only one other couple and their cute pooch were on the beach that day in this little cove. It’s very rocky here, but that’s part of the charm that makes Laguna so interesting.  Every nook and cranny has it's own personality.




It is Winter, and I love this time of year when all that's blooming are the vibrant aloes and flaming hot bougainvillea. Don't you just love the contrast of these flowers with the soft coastal palette? If you look closely, you can spot Catalina Island on the horizon.




Here’s one place setting of the set of aged bamboo flatware that brought us down to Laguna Beach. You can see the whole table here. (BTW, I'm off to another estate sale this morning...) 😉 




Heading a bit north to Crystal Cove, we stopped in for breakfast oat one of my favorite spots, Babette’s. And practically next door to Babette’s is Juxtaposition Home 




Here’s a peek at how it looked just a few days before Christmas... 

So cozy!




Well, like I said, I’m now headed to an estate sale nearby, and I’ll likely be sharing some of my finds with you very soon. 

I’ll let you in on a little secret... 

I had my first thrifting adventure of 2020 yesterday, and I have to say it was quite fun! Pictures coming your way in a few days... 


ciao! fabiana 






For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 

If you'd like new posts delivered to you directly, subscribe here





No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...