June 27, 2019

red, white and blue table settings




Hi! I’m back today with a little peek at the process I go through to create just the right look for a tablescape. This week, I pulled all my blue and white striped table runners out as well as a bunch of my red and blue transferware plates.

Every plate’s patterns are so unique that I love to mix and match them just to get the right combination that pleases my eye.




The possibilities are endless for pretty combinations and mixing the right shades of color are just as important as coordinating the patterns.

I absolutely love how this blue and white striped runner makes all the plates just pop, and it also gives a nod to the stars and stripes of our flag.

And speaking of stars, aren't these starfish adorable? Another nod to the flag, but this time with a fun coastal vibe.

This combination actually took place quite by accident when my husband just happened to move the starfish off the plates (at another table setting) so we could eat and he set them down on the runner...

Voila! Inspiration for the 4th of July! Thanks, honey!




I typically use three plates for this kind of look,




alternating the red and blue colored plates.




But sometimes to really make the place setting pop, I add a white plate either at the bottom of the stack or in between the red and the blue.

In this case, above, I used five plates! If you have enough plates of each size, this is an amazing look, but for practical purposes, we're gonna stick to three plates.




We’re getting close to revealing the final look for the table. I will tell you this, I am using natural textured raffia placemats and I also throw in a bit of gingham for fun!



ciao! fabiana


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the combinations. In the first picture what is the bottom blue plate?

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...