June 13, 2012

curb appeal on coronado island


My husband and I celebrated 
our anniversary this weekend on Coronado Island.  

We brought our bikes and 
enjoyed a lovely and cool day biking around the island.  

After eating a yummy breakfast at Clayton's, 
we explored the beautiful, historic neighborhood 

right next to the Hotel del Coronado.  


This home has a vintage bike out front 

used to permanently display geraniums.  



One of my favorite homes was this white one.




They love their water polo players on the island. 
We saw quite a few homes 
with this same sign out in front!





Beach-front craftsman style. 



This home was incredible to see in person.  
It has sooo much detail!  
It kind of reminds me of the house in the movie 

Sunset Boulevard, probably from the same era. 





I love the round porch with 

the black and white balloon shades - wow!



This one reminds me of Beverly Hills,

 pink and gated.




This historic house is known as the Baby Del, 
a mini version of the Hotel Del.  




Not such a bad location, right? 





Another lovely round porch, 
and back to the hotel!  
I've got lots more to post about the 

Stay tuned!


ciao! fabiana

9 comments:

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

Beautiful "tour"...thanks for sharing these photos. I love the vintage bike flower "box" and the round porches. Blessings, Gail (@1-Minute BibleLoveNotes.com)

Erika said...

Lovely houses, thank you so much for the tour, I felt as I was riding bike with you... hope you enjoyed very much your stay.

Emreen said...

Wow ! Lovely houses... beautiful exteriors and the garden in each home looks lovely ... !! Love the vintage bike flower planter as well.. !!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

Love the houses, the iron gates, the landscaping, and everything else!!!

Nothing But Blue Skies... said...

I LOVE Coronado Island! We were just there a few weeks ago! We toured the Island, looking at the beautiful homes as well!

So much fun!

Here visiting via Wow us Wednedsay.

xo-Lisa

Patty Marker said...

What a perfect way to explore the island. I love the old homes there. Your photos are beautiful.

Lulu said...

You chose a charming place to spend your anniversary. I haven't been to Coronado Island in some time, but your photos bring it back.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

I love coronado, so gorgeous, what a great place to spend your anniversary!
XO
Kristin

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

We went on a business trip/vacation years ago and stayed at the Hotel del Coronado and went biking around to see the houses, too. Fun seeing these again.

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...