March 18, 2021

a photo shoot at a Laguna Cottage




Yesterday was a swing open the windows kind of day. We were blessed to have beautiful spring weather for our Laguna Beach photo shoot at this quaint little cottage.  

 

I got a call from Kelly McMaster last week to see if I could come down and style this cute cottage with her, and I jumped at the chance, since I haven’t done and onsite styling work in over a year! 

 

Kelly recently became the editor of Cottages & Bungalows magazine, and while she’s here visiting Orange County, she decided to sneak in a little photo shoot.


Take a peek inside and out, at some of the highlights and fun details that we styled at this home.  

 




I brought a car full of props including pillows, table linens, lemons from my tree, seashells, and a few coastal inspired accessories to just liven up this already adorable house. Kelly was in charge of the flowers and the treats for the table. 

 

Don’t' they look good!? 

 




I love how this English Green pillow looks with the lemony fresh details that we styled in the hutch. We really wanted to use fun colors that make you think SUMMER! 

 

This layout is for the August issue that will be out around June. Our first shot of the day was a lovely little breakfast table under the gorgeous grapefruit tree. It’s a quaint little scene that you’ll just want to jump right into. 

 

But.... you’ll have to wait ‘til the issue comes out for a peek at that one! 

 




Here’s a detail of the dining table using some of my favorite Eloquence napkins from Fete Home and this fun coastal placemat from Arthur Court. Vintage green goblets finish off this look, and don’t those treats look amazing?  

 

I can vouch for the little lemon tea cakes... they were amazing! Kelly got them at Whole Foods. And by the way, mismatched silverware is all the rage! Haven’t you heard? LOL... 

 




My favorite part of the day was styling the beautiful glass cabinet that the homeowner Carmelit got at Tuvalu. I wanted little pops of yellow throughout the whole piece, and here’s a shot of one of the fun details using colorful food tins as vases for these garden daisies. 

 




Thinking ahead to autumn, we also styled a couple of fun fall vignettes. Would you believe these pumpkins are from last fall? It’s a good thing I saved them. They just looked so cute out in my garden with my blue and white flower pots that I saved them this whole time!   

 




Aren’t these soft colors pretty for fall? Fall has got to be my favorite season of all, but I am thoroughly enjoying all the early signs of spring so far this year. 




ciao! fabiana 


 

 

For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 

 

If you'd like new posts delivered to you directly, subscribe here. 



 

 



 














 

No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...