March 12, 2021

a lovely spring salad





In appreciation of warmer days ahead, I’m sharing one of my favorite ways to zhush up a few store-bought salad fixings. 

 

I love the pre-washed spring salad mixes that contain baby lettuces, spinach, radicchio and other yummy greens.  

 

To that I like to add halved strawberries and a few edible pansies from the garden. Walnuts are a final addition and feta would be nice too, but I’m eating paleo, so no cheese for me! 

 

Here’s the recipe for my favorite and simple vinaigrette that compliments this salad perfectly.   

 

Simple Vinaigrette for a Spring Salad

 

4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 

2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar 

1-2 tablespoons maple syrup  

1 tablespoon shallot, very finely minced 

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt 

freshly ground pepper to taste 




Here’s my favorite tip... Whisk your dressing right into the salad bowl while it's empty. It'll be one less bowl to wash, and it actually helps coat the salad better. 

 

In case you’re wondering, this salad bowl is from Vagabond House, and it was a really thoughtful birthday gift from my sister-in-law, Deborah. 

 

She knows how much I love Vagabond House, and she and I share a mutual love of lilacs, so the pewter lilac details on this set has a much deeper meaning to us! 





ciao! fabiana 

 

 

 

For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 

 

If you'd like new posts delivered to you directly, subscribe here. 

 




No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...