February 11, 2021

farmhouse style for spring





The spring issue of Country Sampler Farmhouse Style is now out and its jam packed with pretty homes, fun projects and great recipes. Since the start of this magazine in 2018, I’ve been lucky to have been able to contribute several issues, and this season, I’d love to share the latest with you all... 

 


 

Table settings, flower arrangements, pillows, painting projects and recipes are all in the genre of things I’ve tackled for Country Sampler Farmhouse Style. My contributions are usually in the second half of the magazine that includes all the DIY and crafty stuff.  

 

The “Do-It-Yourself Farmhouse” section starts us off with projects and recipes we can do right at home. Do you spy my little green dresser on the bottom left? 

 




This style of small sewing table known as the “Martha Washington” style was very popular during the 1950’s and 1960’s. You can even spot one on the Andy Griffith Show, at the top of their stair landing! 

 

This lovely little table belonged to my mother-in-law, and always sat in a guest bedroom. Now it was time for a bright and cheery update using milk paint.   





I also finished the table off by embellishing it with softly stenciled ferns, which also remind me of my m.i.l. Joan. There were framed fern pictures on the wall in the same bedroom, so I thought this was the perfect accent for the update of this sewing table. 





Also in this issue is a fun number coat rack I put together using an old piece of oak board and some inexpensive white ceramic knobs. In keeping with the farmhouse look, I styled it with pretty linens from my friend Elizabeth’s line Pacific & Rose. The Monet’s Kitchen Apron and English Green Tea Towel add the perfect amount of springtime charm to this vignette. 

 




Gardening is one of the great joys in my life, so I was thrilled when Country Sampler Farmhouse Style asked me to put together a picnic basket full of herbs and edible flowers for the Spring 2021 issue.  

 

This basket’s so perfect for a sunny spot in your home or as a focal point outdoors. It’s filled with marigolds, nasturtium, thyme, chives, sage, basil and more. Check out the whole article in the story called “Planters with Personality”, starting on page 102. Also featured is a fun little succulent plater made from vintage books!


I potted most of the herbs on into my raised beds outdoors last year, and they’re still growing strong. In fact, some of the flowers were still blooming until December! 


Do you like to grow fresh herbs in your garden? There’s really nothing quite like having them readily available for adding to just about anything I’m cooking. Prettying up a salad with edible flowers always puts a smile on my face ☺. 


Also included in this Spring issue is another fun coat hook project and a delicious recipe of quick bread focaccia topped with lots of veggies and herbs.





Next up is the Country Sampler Farmhouse Style Kitchen Makeovers issue, out on February 23rd. I have a few really fun kitchen projects included and two amazing pot luck recipes that everyone will love! I’ll share that preview with you all soon. 



ciao! fabiana



For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 

 

If you'd like new posts delivered to you directly, subscribe here. 

 

 

 

 










No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...