May 3, 2019

a farmhouse style makeover




It’s Friday already, and I can hardly believe it. I’ve been “absent” from the blog all week so I did want to pop in and share this little project with you.




This is a DIY project I did exclusively for Farmhouse Style magazine and it’s featured in their latest. This Victorian era dresser sat in an extra bedroom for years in its original dark brown state, and it was so ready for a facelift! 😉




My expectations for revamping this piece were high, so I changed out the ornate brass handles for plain wooden knobs.

I then painted the whole dresser with a subtle milk paint color called "Mora", stenciled French numbers on each drawer and finally decoupaged pastel maps on the side of each drawer. 


before


My first Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint project turned out better than I expected!




And you can even catch a glimpse of it on the cover of the latest issue of Farmhouse Style magazine!




Also in this issue are my patriotic tablescape and favorite lemon meringue pie recipe. Check it out if you get a chance. 




ciao! fabiana

For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram!





Shopping info:









2 comments:

Sue Malizia said...

Nicely done...love how it turned out! Cover worthy! =)

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks so much, Sue!

I hope you're having a wonderful Saturday!

xoxo

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...