October 5, 2018

a simple fall mantel




Here we are in the first week of October, and I’m just now beginning to add a bit of fall to the family room.

It’s been a bit of a whirlwind couple of weeks where I’ve been working on some seasonal projects for Christmas and New Year’s Eve, so I’m just getting to my own personal fall décor today.




It’s just a start, as I will add more Halloween accents soon… so for today here’s just a peek.

I don't think I bought any orange pumpkins yet this year, since there are so many other pretty colors to choose from that tie in nicely with the blue tones in my home.

You may recognize this portrait of my husband's great grandmother from a previous post. Her name is Nellie, and I love how she watches over us each day!    




I think these soft grey succulents look so pretty in these vintage silver cups, and a bit of Spanish moss softens the look even more.




The pumpkins are real, but I do have a confession to make. The succulents are all faux. I found them at World Market recently.




These air plants are faux as well. I love how they look so real, and their spidery quality makes them perfect for Halloween.




So, we're keeping it simple this week with just a few pastel pumpkins and some spooky succulents.   



ciao! fabiana

P.S. Don't forget to follow me on instagram for all the latest!




No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...