June 23, 2021

celebrating summer in small ways

 


It’s been a whole month since I’ve been here on the blog. I’ve just finished 12 big projects for a magazine’s Spring 2022 issue, and I finally have some breathing room!  

 

Summer is officially here, and while I’ve spent most of this year working on my garden, this is the best time of year to enjoy all the flowers, fruits and veggies.


I’ve also been to a handful of local yard sales where I found some little treasures, like this oval blue and white transferware bowl for a whole dollar! 


It’s perfect for gathering strawberries from the garden, and I've been using it pretty much on a daily basis for other things too. 

 

I created a couple of fun flat-lays featuring the colorful summer issue of Country Sampler Farmhouse Style.    




This next shot was inspired by the actual cover photo, and I used peaches, garden flowers and the same lavender striped napkin as the cover shot to surround the magazine.  

 




Do you have this summer issue yet? 




I also wanted to share this little bouquet I put together as a gift for a friend. The colors I stuck with for this look were creamy whites and pinky-purple flowers.  

 




A fun collection of blue and white plates has been on this exterior wall for over two years now and are doing great! I love the way the trumpet vine just grows through and around them. 

 

That's the view I get from the breakfast room, living room and from my desk. 



Now onto a little tablecape news...

 




In between creating and photographing the 12 projects I just finished, I also styled a few tables for Pacific & Rose’s new line of table linens and pillows. 

 

This “Belita” tablecloth is giving me French country farmhouse vibes, and I love how it looks with the “Luka Blue” napkins and pillow. 

 

That colorful pitcher on the table is another recent yard sale find, and yes, it was only a dollar too! It kind of reminds me of the pretty ceramics and dishes they use at The Ivy in Beverly Hills.  

 

My next blog post will be devoted entirely to this new line of Pacific & Rose’s new items, and I can’t wait to show them to you!  

  




Lastly, I want to share these amazing ranunculus (or ranunculi) that I grew from corms, which are like little bulbs. The color is so fabulous, and I just love how they look in and amongst these vintage crocks and mustard pots. 


In case you're wondering, here are the flower varieties I used for the other little arrangement.... 





I hope your summer's off to a great start! I'm thrilled to be back here in my happy place on the blog. 

 



ciao! fabiana  

 

For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 



I’d love it if you all came for a visit to my virtual shop to check it out!   

 
 










No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...