June 18, 2020

the coastal issue




I have to be honest...  

I've been stalking my mailman for the last few weeks in anticipation of the arrival of this issue of Cottages and Bungalows😉  

I'm so grateful that three of the projects I worked on last year are coincidentally all featured in ONE issue! We shot my backyard last June and then my good friend Laura's home in August. 

Then there's the cute 1928 Little Balboa Island cottage belonging to our friends Angi & Pete also known as "Blue Door Cottage". We photographed that one in September, so all in all, last year was a great learning experience for me in the styling department! 

Now for the fun part...  Here's a little peek at each story. 




Laura’s stylish backyard appeared in last month’s Cottages & Bungalows. We actually shot the whole house last August, but so far, only the backyard and kitchen have been featured. 

One of my favorite shots from that day was the firepit area we styled with toasting marshmallows and cozy plaid blankets. Hopefully that vignette will also be published soon. It’s just darling! 

So here we have Laura and Dennis’ cute cottage kitchen. You can read all about how they designed it for maximum efficiency and style. They both love to cook and entertain, so the modernization of their kitchen was an important part of the whole remodel, which also had to fit historic guidelines.     




Here are a couple of behind the scenes photos from that day. I love the simple color palette that sets the stage for Laura's colorful collection of vintage treasures featured in the cabinets. 


Fresh vegetables and herbs are always a part of the "counterscape" over at Laura's. 




Custom-made open shelving is Laura’s favorite part of the kitchen! 




Next, we’re headed to Little Balboa Island. This was a really fun day of shooting, but very long! Jickie, Kelly and I all joined in on the styling fun, with me concentrating mostly on the entertaining vignettes like the tablescape, bar and beverage stations.  

I brought in a car full of accessories for this one, so it’s fun to see some of the vintage treasures I’ve found at thrift stores in a lot of the shots. You'll see a pretty blue glass vase and another tall ceramic vase, used on the mantel, that I just love!  




Kelly and I had so much fun styling the front patio!  

Don't you just love red geraniums?




And these pillows by Pacific & Rose really add the perfect pop of color and pattern to the living room. I just finished working on a fun collaboration with Elizabeth from Pacific & Rose that I’ll share with you hopefully by next week. (It's a tablescape.)  

I think you’ll really like it! 




The third project I styled is my own home. We took the best of my outdoor spaces and created fun coastal inspired entertaining vignettes. Of course, I did use my favorite shades of blue in accessories and accents throughout this layout. 

I just love blue, what can I say?! 




In the weeks leading up to this photo shoot, I had Brenda Kristine create a few fun custom pillows for me, like this one made from vintage blue and white Ikat fabric. 

We trimmed them out in hot pink so they’re reminiscent of the pink geraniums in the blue and white pots on the porch.    




Our sweet border collie & spaniel mix Sammie gets a starring role in this photo shoot! Yay, Sammie!!  

I'll be sharing more behind the scenes peeks from these photo shoots again soon. This August/September 2020 issue will be out in stores by the end of the month. It's really packed full of lots of coastal, seaside style. 

I hope you'll check it out! 

P.S. It's also available HERE.



ciao! fabiana 



For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 

If you'd like new posts delivered to you directly, subscribe here. 



No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...