May 17, 2016

home tour : modern cape cod style




I wanted to share with you one of my favorite homes from last week’s Newport Harbor Home Tour. Actually, I have several favorites and will share the others soon. 

This one in particular is a great mix of Cape Cod and California coastal styles. Located on Lido Isle this water-front home captures the laid back casual style that's perfect here in Newport Beach. 

The mostly neutral palette and the use of natural materials, such as Carrara marble, limestone, soapstone and flagstone create an organic and comfortable vibe you get as you enter the home. 

A glossy black door greets you as you arrive.   




Inside, the home is a great mix of streamlined traditional furnishings with some fun modern accessories such as the lucite ottomans. 




I love the simple styling of the mid-century inspired coffee table.  It fits in perfectly with the antiques and newer pieces. 


A light and bright hallway leads the way. 


Everyone fell in love with this giant "S"
.
It's such a bold statement against the bead board walls.




This cozy seating area is a favorite spot for the homeowners.




 I guess I love things lined up symmetrically,
because this is my favorite sitting area in the home!




Crisp white tiles and marble are perfect in the kitchen.




The powder room features this gorgeous patterned wallcovering.




This chandelier reminds be of a sea urchin!




The beach bathroom is embedded with real seashells!




I love the color palette in the master bedroom too!




Gorgeous antique lighting can be seen throughout the home.



This craft room is a favorite room in the house,
especially for the grandkids who love to create their own artwork. 




The upstairs laundry room features a pressed tin back splash.

And thanks to my friend Marena 
(also a home tour committee member) 
who snapped this pretty photo in the courtyard. 




other photos by our home tour photographer Susan! 



ciao! fabiana

💕

While I’m here today, I wanted to share some of my "Tablescaping Essentials" with you. I have a whole page on the Amazon website with my favorite picks for setting a beautiful table.

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 




You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.



For more Newport Harbor Home Tour inspiration,
check out this brand new book:






11 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the home tour. I could live in this happy home in a Newport minute. Living in the Northwest I strive to make my home reflect the beach, fresh air look. Thanks for sharing.
Bobbie from Spokane

designchic said...

How beautiful! I just love the open floor plan and the kitchen is amazing. Happy Tuesday!

Marena Padden said...

My favorite house, too. Just love the elegance and warmth of it. So many beautiful vignettes/areas. Love the owner, too! She's got style… xo

Snowinluxury said...

Bello bello ciao 💐🇮🇹

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to know where that master bedroom rug comes from.... do share!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Sherri ?!? Haha, if this is you, I will put you in contact with the interior designer. Her name is Melinda Hovie.

Anonymous said...

Nope. This is Jaclyn from Chicago. I came across your blog on Pinterest as I'm preparing to move into a newly rehabbed cape cod home and your master bedroom is just the look I'm going for! I'm having a heck of a time matching that rug, though! Love Newport Beach, by the way... am there nearly every summer visiting family. :)

Claudia Fabiana said...

Oh, Hi Jaclyn. My friend Sherri just texted me this week about a rug in the same house, from the Newport Harbor Home Tour! She has to have it too!! If you would like to contact Julie Hovie, the designer, here is her email: julie@hovieinteriors.com.

https://www.instagram.com/hovieinteriors/

Kristin Clark said...

Where is your master bed frame from?! I'm in love!

wct said...

I am looking for it as well!

Anonymous said...

Same here! I would love to know the source for the bed. Your home is beautiful!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...