March 14, 2016

project design: spring mantel two ways

 

The latest "Project Design" theme is “How To Style Your Spring Mantel Two Ways”. Mary Ann and Cindy asked ten design bloggers to style a spring mantel two ways, and pictured above is my interpretation. In the green vignette, I wanted to bring out the fresh colors of spring, just using a touch of soft green with flowers and my favorite little cement bunny. 

With the blue-themed vignette, I was going for an "over-the-top" look with layers of my favorite blue and white porcelain. I switched out the mirrors to create different moods for the mantel and gathered some of my favorite things to create two distinctive looks.

Here are other fabulous bloggers that will also be sharing their amazing spring mantel décor.  Please stop by and visit their blogs as well.

Amber B. Design Studio
classic • casual • home
Dimples and Tangles
Garden Home and Party
Katiedid
Lisa Mende Design
Lucy Williams Interiors
Rough Luxe Lifestyle
The Pink Pagoda
Here are each of my my two spring mantels:




White hydrangeas, lime green mums, a cement bunny and a butterfly painting bring together my favorite spring memories. I wanted to keep the rest of accessories white and neutral. I layered a couple of vintage rectangular mirrors to open up the space. 

The picnic basket, the andirons and the turquoise garden seat are also heirlooms from my husband's family. A white ginger jar was found at Home Goods and iron candle holders add much needed height to the look.




The color green reminds me of Spring!




This vintage green bottle is gift from my mother-in-law...   




and my talented sister-in-law painted this beautiful blue butterfly. 




This little bunny caries a useful basket on 
his back that's perfect for holding flowers. 




For my second look, I selected several of my favorite blue and white porcelain pieces as a base for the blue-themed mantelscape and anchored it with a starburst mirror that I love. 

In fact, I love how it looks so much that it is now permanently above the mantel.    




This little lady wearing beads is at the center of the action, 
and I included some of my favorite vintage books 
to surround her in blue.




Little hints of brass and gold were also added.




I have a pair of these cloisonne dragon vases 
that were a gift from my mom. 

 {I was born in the year of the dragon!} 




Fresh kumquat branches from the garden 
take the place of flowers, 
and is an easy way to add a little more 
color to the mantel.




Be sure to check out the other wonderful bloggers’ spring mantels today, and thank you so much to Mary Ann and Cindy for asking me to join in on the fun!


ciao! fabiana



💕

While I’m here today, I wanted to share some of my "Tablescaping Essentials" with you. I have a whole page on the Amazon website with my favorite picks for setting a beautiful table.

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 



You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.














10 comments:

Kelly - Talk of the House said...

Hard to choose a favorite because both are wonderful! I would probably leave the rabbit and hydrangea one up until Easter and then change it out to all that gorgeous blue and white. :)

Mary Ann Pickett said...

HOW PRETTY!!! Very creative, too. I love how you have gotten two totally different looks. Thanks for participating and sharing your passion.

Amber B Design said...

This is a tough one to decide. They are both so beautiful!! I love the hydrangeas and the bunny carrying flowers in the first option. And I love the sunburst mirror and blue and white collection of the second option. Both are gorgeous. Great job and so fun to participate with you this week. :)

cindy hattersley design said...

I love both honestly and I adore that mirror. Is it from Wisteria? I have been tempted many times to buy that one. You did a wonderful job Claudia. Thank you so much for participating!

Karen said...

Fabiana,
I love both of your versions and they both feel very spring like to me. Great work. The green one might edge out for me as a favorite, but I love blue and white so it's really a coin toss. lol
It's nice to know of your blog!
Karen

Celia Becker @ After Orange County said...

Hi Fabiana, what a fun challenge! I love how you used the white, green & gold accents on your first mantel. That combo really works! And lucky you to have such a great collection of blue and white!

SHERRY HART said...

Love both....and what a beautiful collection of blue and white you have!

Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living said...

So beautiful!!! I love both mantel stylings but the blue and white collection look is my favorite!!! Pinning!

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Can you tell me the paint company and color? I painted my brick fireplace this this weekend. The color that I chose was too white.

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thank you. I really like it too. The color is "Angel Cloud" by Vista Paint.

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...