When the gang’s all home for the holidays, having a few hearty breakfast recipes will definitely come in handy. These Cheesy Egg and Potato Breakfast Tacos fit the bill in my book. All you need is a few simple ingredients on hand, and they're so easy to put together. Topping the tacos with a bit of avocado makes them extra yummy!
Cheesy Egg and Potato Breakfast Tacos
· 8 refrigerated corn tortillas
· 5 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
· 1 pkg. Simply Potatoes refrigerated diced potatoes with onions
· Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 8 large eggs
· ⅓ cup salsa (your favorite salsa e.g. tomatillo), plus more for garnish
· ⅔ cup shredded jack or mozzarella cheese
· 4 scallions, thinly sliced (1 cup)
· 12 dashes hot sauce, plus more for garnish (optional)
· 1 large ripe avocado, thinly sliced
· Sour Cream, for garnish (optional)
Turn gas to medium-high heat. Cook tortillas on a non-stick skillet until charred in a few spots, about 30 seconds per side (be careful not to let tortillas burn.) Once charred, nestle tortillas in a cloth dish towel to keep warm and set aside.
Meanwhile, add 3 tablespoons of oil to a large non-stick skillet over medium- high heat. When it simmers, add potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook according to package directions. When potatoes are ready, remove from pan and set aside.
Meanwhile, place eggs in a medium bowl and quickly break up egg yolks with a whisk. Stir in salsa, ½ cup of cheese, scallions, hot sauce (if using). Season with salt and pepper and whisk until smooth. Wipe out skillet potatoes were in and return to medium heat; add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add egg mixture and cook stirring occasionally until just set, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, add remaining cheese, cover and sit until eggs are cooked to desired doneness and cheese is melted.
Divide eggs and potatoes among charred tortillas. Top with avocado and finish with additional salsa or sour cream, if using. Serve immediately.
Delicious Prosciutto and Egg Biscuit Cups will make the perfect Christmas morning breakfast for my gourmet Italian crowd! They're also so easy make and with the added spinach and mozzarella, I'm sure to please my hungry family!
Prosciutto and Egg Biscuit Cups
· Nonstick cooking spray
· 6 thinly sliced pieces of prosciutto (about 3-oz.)
· 1 can (8-oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
· 1/3 cup defrosted frozen spinach
· 2 jarred roasted bell peppers, finely chopped
· 6 large eggs
· 1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/2 oz.)
· Sour cream, for serving (optional)
· Salad, for serving (optional)
Heat oven to 350°F and arrange rack in the middle. Coat 6 jumbo muffin well or 6 (6 oz.) heatproof ramekins or cups with cooking spray.
Separate biscuit dough into 6 pieces then place 1 in each muffin cup. Press the dough two-thirds of the way up sides of muffin wells. Lay one piece of prosciutto on top of each biscuit dough piece, allowing the ends of each prosciutto piece to stick out of the muffin well. Divide spinach then peppers and cheese among muffin wells and finally crack an egg over the top of each.
Bake until egg whites are set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Run a butter knife around muffin wells to loosen. Serve immediately, with a dollop of sour cream and/or salsa, if using.
Recipes courtesy of