November 6, 2019

a Thanksgiving table preview


preview


I’m so excited to share news of this fun Thanksgiving table blog hop with all of you. Tomorrow, five of us will be sharing our “Secondhand Tables” that were styled by using only thrifted, heirloom and foraged items! Here's a preview...




Rachel of Cherry Street Blossoms is organizing this fun group share and has invited me along with Annie of Most Lovely Things, Dana of Adored House and Ally of The Tiny White House. We’ll all be sharing on our blogs at about 9am Pacific Time, so be sure to check back tomorrow morning for the reveal.

We're all avid treasure hunters, and have a deep-rooted love of thrifting and flea marketing. Some of my latest acquisitions will be featured on my table, and I can't wait for you all to see it!




My table's just about finished, and I’ll be photographing it later today. I’m going for a muted palette for this table with lots of natural elements thrown in. Several of my favorite brown transferware scenic and turkey plates will be featured along with some of my favorite vintage glassware for a bit of color. 

Here are a few snapshots of some of my thrift hauls from the last week or two.  




I found this set of wicker-wrapped glasses at a Good Will for $5.99, but wait, the whole store was half off! Now I just need to find a few more to mix and match with these.  




This group of silverware came from an estate sale around the corner from my house, and they were on the “free” table! I just soaked them in a solution of vinegar, baking soda, salt in an aluminum pan and that seemed to get a lot of the tarnish off. I think a little more elbow grease would probably help.

I love the little round soup spoons. There are a couple of those in this set. I also got an old olive bucket that I think I'll use for this particular photo shoot for the Secondhand Table Blog Hop. Look for this graphic tomorrow as well as the hashtag #thesecondhandtable. 😀 
  






ciao! fabiana 


For lots of fun extras, follow me on instagram! 




1 comment:

Dana Dore said...

This is gorgeous, my friend! Beautiful job!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...