March 31, 2015

chalk paint projects for the garden



We just finished having the whole outside of our house painted.
After years of living in a beigy tan house,
we decided to choose soft white for most of the house,
with “pigeon grey”  and black as accent colors.

I LOVE how it turned out!
The look of a classic white house with
black shutters and trim has always been a style I love.

With such a clean slate, I'm motivated to add accessories
and furnishings that reflect a bit of California style,
incorprated with a  little European vibe.

Today, I updated some of my clay pots 
that I have displayed
in two different wrought iron pot holders.
The one above holds three small  clay pots 
with succulents planted in them.


Annie Sloan "Provence" chalk paint 
livens up these plain clay succulent pots.

I planted Echeveria agaoides ‘Lipstick’ in a couple of the pots.


Here's how it looks from the house.
The wall above is the side of our garden shed
with a pergola and vintage swing next to it.


We definitely needed some color on this wall!


These hot pink geraniums are amazing and so cheerful!


My favorite color "Florence" is perfect for the 
geranium pots in my wire window baskets.

I have two of these wire window baskets on my kitchen 
windows that now hold six pretty vibrant turquoise clay pots.
So easy to update and so fun to look at. 



ciao! fabiana

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the painted clay pots and wonder if the paint bubbles when the plants are watered. I painted some pots last summer with regular house paints and they bubbled up and are a mess now. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Claudia Fabiana said...

Hi Cecilia. The pots have not bubbled up at all . It's been almost 2 years since I painted these and only notice a small amount of wear, which adds to the patina. THe chalk paint works great on bare terracotta pots.

Thanks for asking!

ciao

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your response! I have a new project this summer. I really appreciate!!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Your hos=use and site are lovely!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...