August 15, 2011

puttanesca, soul surfer, and more

Weekend wrap-up...
Nadia of "Bitchin' Kitchen"
I have a new favorite recipe, thanks to naughty Nadia of Bitchin' Kitchen.  I was minding my  own business, just watching the Cooking Channel, when all of a sudden, I'm drawn in to this recipe for Zesty Spaghetti a la Putanesca.  Yum, it looked so good and easy to make, even a guy could make this, seriously!  (No hate mail please)

Anyways, it's a simple combination of olives, capers, anchovies, garlic, tomatoes, and I had to try this.  The aroma was enticing, and the flavors all just melded together into it's own unique taste. I can't wait to make it again. It's a classic Italian recipe, and so easy to make. 



A real highlight of this weekend was a surprise visit from Bethany Hamilton, of Soul Surfer fame. The Christian Surfers Outreach group was at the beach in Newport during one of it's monthly events, and Bethany was nearby and stopped by to say "Hi" to all the kids.  She was as sweet as can be, and my son was so happy to meet her. What a great inspiration she is for so many.

Bethany Hamilton stopped by to say "Hi" at Christian Surfers Outreach 


We also hosted a small pre-party before 
my husband's high school reunion. 
It's always fun to see this special group!  
We had tacos  and margaritas, yum!

small pre-party for the reunion

I can't wait to see what next weekend has in store.



ciao! fabiana

18 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Hi Fabiana, nice meeting you...hey, so glad you came by, I love your blog too! Great you're from Argentina, I love it, I was there for my special birthday last Oct. and than dic. 31 we went to an Infinity Cruise to the south of America, starting In Bs. As., than all around it, til we landed in Chile. I'm also your newest follower. I love Italian food too and it looks like you had a great time at the HS reunion! Have a terrific week. FABBY

Aimee said...

Love your bike... just saying.

Kirsty Girl said...

Seriously... so jealous of you and that gorgeous bike! Thank you so much for linking up!

Deb Chitwood said...

How GREAT that Bethany Hamilton stopped by at the Christian Surfers Outreach! That must have been very special for your son! I love Bethany Hamilton's inspirational example - I wrote a couple of posts about her: http://raisingfigureskaters.com/tag/bethany-hamilton/. And great blog! I'm your newest follower from Kirsty Girl's link up. Deb @ RaisingFigureSkaters.com

LaVonne said...

That spaghetti does look great! I will have to head over to that recipe next.

How cool for your young people to meet that girl! Very exciting.

I am visiting from the Monkey Do Monday blog hop tonight. It is nice to "meet" you, Fabiana. Stop by my blog, Long Wait For Isabella , anytime and say hi! Have a great week.

Helen's Decor said...

The spaghetti does look wonderful, as LaVonne said.
I'm a new follower from Debbie's Newbie party and hope you return the favor.
Thanks!
www.helensdecor.com

JanandJill.com said...

Your blog is so cute and that's so cool you got to see Bethany, she is such an amazing girl. I haven't seen that cooking show but it looks fun. Love your bicycle pic at the end. Following you now

xoDale
Thanks for stopping by :)

Leo said...

I love your bike! That is such a cute turquoise color and with the little basket. In Florida - we call that a Keys Cruiser.

Anonymous said...

Hi!Thanks for your comment :D
I'll follow you :) I love your posts :)
And...yes,I love California style!!:)
justaflea.blogspot.com

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks for all the compliments on my bike. I do love it so! Here, we call them "beach cruisers". It's so fun to ride!

Nat{natyouraveragegirl} said...

I must try that recipe! That is so neat that you got to see Bethany! What an inspiration!

Charlotte said...

I think I'm in Love with your bike ! Thanks for the recent visit to my blog and your comment. Love the blog. xx

Moddy Bee said...

What a fun weekend! Impove weekends like that! Love your bike and your house! BTw thanks for stopping by!
www.moddybee.blogspot.com

Anu@MyDreamCanvas said...

You have a great blog. I would love for you to stop by My Dream Canvas. Take care Anu

Vintage Precious said...

Awesome, love the combination! What a fun mix, hope the reunion was a blast. :)

Natasha in Oz said...

Fabiana that recipe sounds delicious! I am going to have to try it. I haven't seen that show before-it sounds great!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Jane said...

How wonderful for you son...Bethany is a true inspiration. We're heading to the east coast later this month, and hopefully will have the Christian surf camp on site. They're always a fun group to visit with...
Jane (Artfully graced)

Mary said...

Wow! I wish I'd known that Bethany Hamilton was in Newport, I would have driven down there in a heart beat! I'm so glad that you joined my link party, Masterpiece Monday, this week! I'm going to feature your post on my top ten fav picks, later this week. :O)

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...