April 19, 2012

the cure for the common porch



The common denominator in all these porches is comfort, coziness and a bit of fun! I'm ready to spruce up my front porch and these photos have been a great inspiration for me, so I just had to share!

I love a great pop of color.  


There's nothing like the feel of an old southern porch, 
like the one above. 


Oooh!  I love this look!  
I think I want to go with this color palette. 


Clean and simple


Neutral and classy


A little bit country


Casual and beachy


Perfectly shady


A  very inviting entry-porch combination


Coastal charm


California fun with a vintage feel


Wicker and ticking stripes


Great backdrop that offers a bit of privacy


Classic summer look


Mix and match vintage finds


Modern and fun


What's not to like?


Great colors



This is a real "outdoor room"


Moroccan-Spanish style


Location, location, location


Black accents tie this all together


Comfort is always a plus


This is one of my favorite looks


Here is a close-up of the previous porch.  
I really like how the texture of the rug works with all the bright white and vibrant colors.


Colors of the surf and sand


This is basically a neutral palette with a few great chartreuse pillows and bright accents.  


A lovely matchy-matchy set 


This could be fun! 



Adirondacks are always a classic beachy look!





ciao! fabiana


photo credit: pinterest

19 comments:

chateau chic said...

So many fabulous porches!!
Mary Alice

Cap Creations said...

Aw our first home had a front porch across the entire front of the home and I miss it soooo badly. Our porch now is so tiny and it faces the wrong way. Full of hot sun at just about the time we finally make it to sit there. Love your inspiration photos.

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

swoon! I just can't get enough of porches...and there was something to love about each one your shared. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Pamela said...

Such beautiful porch inspirations! I just cant pick a favorite though I will say I love the swing! Thanx for coming to THT!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

stunning as always. Thanks for a few more pins to my boards.
p

MGal @ WatchMeDIY.com said...

Thanks for sharing all these colorful porches! My porch is not as fancy as all these but I think it's pretty darn cute. Check it out on My Home Tour I just posted this week. Cheers, MGal watchmediy.com

Robin said...

I really enjoyed this post, some I have seen but most I hadn't. I love outdoor rooms and you have given us all some great inspiration. We use our outdoor space here in FL daily.

Robin
Robin Flies South

Nita Stacy said...

Oh...these are such beautiful examples. I'm going to have to pin some of these to keep for inspiration for my own outdoor space.

Donna said...

Thanks for all the great pics of the porches. My absolute fav is the very first one with the red accents. I really love red in decorating.
D

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Great inspiration! Love porches! Recently I've posted on Porch Love too!

Marsha said...

I would love to spend time on any of these porches. There wasn't one that wasn't just beautiful! How inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing.

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

I like how these porch furnishings look like proper indoor furniture, not outdoor furniture. It adds that touch of class to the place and makes it look like an extension of the house really. I cant wait to redo the front of my house, its not a porch as such (well we dont call them that in Australia anyway) but I love the look of welcoming and sitting and sipping a drink out the front in comfort. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Cristy @ Art•ing Shed•quarters said...

Lovely porch eye candy, thank you for sharing your inspiration.

The Charm of Home said...

What a gorgeous post! I see several I would like to try out right now! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Unknown said...

You sure have a lot to take inspiration from! I agree, those cozy porches look so nice and comfy. The one thing that’s common with all of them, though, is that they’re all airy, and I think that’s one thing that makes a porch comfortable and welcoming. There has to be room for you to move about and stretch out.

Barrett Elmore

Unknown said...

I’m captivated by the first pic! :D I love how the red stands out among all the white. :D Plus, I love the swing at the back. Thanks for sharing these pics. I have a good idea now of how I’ll remodel my porch. :D

,Angelina

Unknown said...

I really admire the people behind these awesome designs. They all look beautiful! The porch that has a swing sofa was the best for me. Grownups can reminisce about being a child when they have a large lounge sofa like that in their deck. It’s so fascinating!

Christian Renwick

Alex said...

Thanks for sharing all these colorful pics of great porches! I really enjoyed this post, I love outdoor rooms and you have given us all some great inspiration.
Hurricane Resistant Rolling Windows

angel said...

Beautiful but wish you had just one that had animals....a porch ain't worth coming home to without a dog or three 😊

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...