May 29, 2012

my italian heritage map project



My latest little project...


It's just three little frames, 
filled with sections of an Italian map. 


I don't have a lot of wall space 
in my open-plan dining room, so,


When I saw this Italian map
with it's soft and pretty colors, 
I was inspired.

It was only $4.99 at Aaron Brothers.
What a great way to add
a little color to the room!


I then picked out these 
three 8x8 frames for $7.79 each. 
I was so excited to find 
out they were on sale. 


I love the details on this simple black frame.


Since both my parents are Italian,
I wanted to honor their provenance.  
I used the glass from the frame as
a template to cut out the regions
that my parents are from.  

My father's family was from Venetto,
and my mother was born in Molise,

which is in central Italy.


What I like best is that this is
a fabulous reminder of 
our Italian heritage!  

I’m a huge genealogy buff
and love researching our family roots.

This is great reminder for my
whole family of where we come from.





ciao! fabiana


total cost of the project: $28.36+tax

9 comments:

Myric said...

I like this idea to display maps of places that we have travelled!

I'd like to invite you to join linky party I am having now. Hope you could visit and link-up :)

Have a wonderful day :)

xo
Myric

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I have that same map and it is still rolled up. I may just give it to my Italian daughter in law and let her use it. Great idea cutting it into three pieces.

Unknown said...

That looks really nice. I'll have to get out some old maps and try it.

Pattie (Lilacnpearls) said...

Such a wonderful & meaning full project!! Thank you so for the fabulous idea :)

Moments and Impressions said...

That is such a great idea!! My husband and I went to Italy to celebrate our anniversary (and as a very late honeymoon 5 years later).

Six Sisters said...

This looks so beautiful!! Very tasteful! We appreciate you linking up with us!! It's so fun to see all of the great ideas and recipes! We hope to see you back again soon! -The Sisters

Janel from NellieBellie said...

love this project! Yep, I added you on Facebook...how were you not on already? Well, I fixed that...yes I did!

Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .com said...

I love your map frames in particular, and think our readers will do also. May I invite you to come participate, and link it up at our linky party, http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/

Natasha in Oz said...

I really love this idea and it's so special that you used Italian maps to honour your family.

Thanks so much for linking up to my weekly Say G'Day Party. I truly appreciate your support!

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend,
Natasha in Oz

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...