1. Anticipatory Anxiety is the number one issue with most fearful flyers. The only way to overcome this is by gradually learning to feel more comfortable during flight, so before hand, you will have less to worry about.
2. Don’t check the weather more than 2 days out from your trip. This causes a large amount of anxiety should the flyer see a percentage for rain or storms. The truth is, it is not that accurate that far out anyway!
3. Pack a few days early! Rushing around packing the night before while you are already anxious will only fuel the fire.
4. Exercise, and avoid caffeine. Exercising can help minimize the effects of anxiety, while caffeine can increase the effects.
5. At the airport, the TSA security check is an anxiety increaser, but not if you’re prepared. Take off all jewelry, remove all items from pocket, take belt off, all prior to getting in line. Put all of the items in your carry on, and this way, you’re not rushing to remove everything while everyone behind you is waiting on you. It’s the little things that alleviate stress!