What to do when you have too many bananas?
Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread of course!
Recipe by Martha Stewart.
· 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan (I used coconut oil)
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 3/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 1/4 cups sugar
· 3 large eggs
· 3 cups mashed medium very ripe bananas (about 6)
· 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-by-5-by-3-inch (2-quart) loaf pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions of banana; mix until just combined. Stir in walnuts, if desired, by hand.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 60 to 70 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in pan, then turn out of pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.