April 4, 2014

a casual california coastal home



When I think of California living, 
I think of a casual, laid back style.  
That's what I love about this 

I had the opportunity to walk through it 
and see it in person along 
with about 1,000 others on the 
in October. 


It's the perfect family home.


I love the crispness of the white walls 
and the softness of the wood finishes that mimic the color of driftwood. 


Great fabric choices with pops of pretty orange.


A rustic but elegant table was set.


Simple and organic finishes are the theme in the great room.


Natural basket shades over the kitchen island.


Functional and FUN! 

photo credit: M. Stetson Design

Love the open shelving with white accessories.


A great combination of natural stone and light wood tones.


The focal point of the front entry is this continuous
wood wall that flows into the ceiling. 

photo credit: M. Stetson Design

Serene artwork with the perfect colors.


Elegant and fresh style in the powder room.


Easy flow to the back yard.


Some more pops of color, this time chartreuse
in this family room with slip covered sofas and
egg-shaped wicker chairs.


This house is perfect all year round!




ciao! fabiana

designed by eric olsen
 landscaping by molly wood

3 comments:

Mindie Hilton said...

I love all of this decor. I grew up in southern California, and now reside in Northern California. I have lived in Orange County, San Luis Obispo, Kern, Visalia, and now Lassen County, way up north. There is a big difference in typical home style in northern cal, compared to southern cal. Not as light and airy hear, more cabin style. I do miss this style you have shown here. If you have not joined the Bacon Time party that just stared over this AM, please do :) Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I love the egg shaped chairs! The entire collection is beautiful.

Nicole Courtney said...

I absolutely love the powder bath with the wooden beam. Is that a wallpaper or a stencil? If wallpaper, could you let me know the name/style? Thanks!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...