May 20, 2012

home tour highlights


This year's 
was really fun.

We started at this house on Santiago Drive.  
It's a large mid-century home
that’s been recently remodeled.

The house was brought back to its
original mid-century style,
which made it easy to create a seamless
 indoor-outdoor living space. 


The light-filled living room 
has a soft and beachy color palette. 


The back yard features a large pool, 
a crushed blue glass fire pit, a new cabana 
and plenty of seating. Artificial turf and pea gravel 
make this a beautiful and water-wise yard.



The next house we visited was on Windward Lane.  
Its restrained look was very soothing and stylish,
and it had a great mix of
antiques and contemporary pieces.  
The piece-de-resistance was 
the glass and steel ping pong table in the game room.  


The outdoor area was lovely,
but the milk and cookies
 in the kitchen really got my attention!

The cookies were huge!


One of the guest rooms featured
two twin sized beds with faux headboards
created by white molding and
inset with a fancy

Star Wars storm trooper wallpaper.  




I frequent Castaways a lot,
but none of my friends' homes
can compare to this next one.  

This Cape Andover home is full
of vibrancy, details, and collections.  
My favorite thing in this house was a collection of
1930's fashion drawings
that were hung in the powder room.
I also enjoying seeing my friends

Carrie and Susan
who were docents at this house.

They made it fun!  



The 15th Street house was one of my favorites.  
A long tree-lined driveway leads you
to this charming little California ranch house.
It was so lovely,

that I featured it in another post, here.   
12 Balboa Coves
I'm sorry to say, with our late start on the tour,
we were unable to visit
the two homes in Balboa Coves.
Hopefully there will be another opportunity
for me to visit that community soon.
It looks fabulous!
19 Balboa Coves



Our next stop was lunch and shopping!  
Stone Fire Grill provided a lovely buffet of
salad, pasta, chicken and dessert.  

The day was perfect for enjoying the stunning views 
from our location at the Newport Theater Arts Center.  


And now on to the open-air boutique...


Meredith at MerMade Designs always has
the most gorgeous beach-inspired 
accessories for the home.

Aren't these large bottles with the
coral and starfish toppers incredible?



I got a little treasure for my powder room,
one of the shell-encrusted clam shell dishes.  
I promised myself I would go back to
Meredith's store again soon
to see what else I "needed".    


Oh, those hand soaps are so cute!  

And who doesn't need cute hand soap?



The Ring Ching Ching gals are always fun to see.

Hi, Jennifer, Amanda and Lynn!
They make darling custom school,
college and sorority inspired clothing and accessories.
Go, Sailors!

I have to say "Hi" to Claudia too,
who is on the right and is so sweet.


My friend, Lisa fell in love
 with Diane Cotton's jewelry.
Diane creates unique jewelry with vintage inspired flair.
She also has a great eye for collecting
one-of-a-kind vintage pieces.
Lisa purchased an incredible stainless steel bracelet
from the 1950's, which was the perfect choice - so unique!     



Lovely ivory baubles.




The perfect comfortable walking shoes.


We ended our day with a champagne reception 

at the Barclay Butera Showroom.  

I will save that gathering for another post,

 but we got to meet Barclay and he signed a book for me.

 He was very nice (and is so talented). 


And thanks to all the volunteers
who put on such a fabulous home tour,
lead by Karen Taylor and  Chris Wilkinson.  
I can't wait until next year!
xo


ciao! fabiana

3 comments:

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

I feel like I was there! I love the outdoor spaces, you have such amazing weather down there, you can actually live outside! Totally jealous:)

Jessica
stayathomeista.com

Recipes We Love said...

Everything was beautiful!!!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Looks like soooooo much fun. I am addicted to houses so I would have been all over this. You had me with the artificial turf though. I thought that was just for the movies. Didn't know anybody really used it. Thanks for sharing this week at BeColorful
pam

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...